Enya Nova Tenor news

spindock

Reaction score
I heard this from Eric at Enya today: "The Nova tenor is expected to be released in February or March. The black option will be available first with other color options come out later. The case will have the backpack strap, and we are able to help install the low G. Both side fret markers and metal frets will be applied. The final retail price is still TBD." Can't wait!

With what scale length? IIRC, the “concert” was long for at 16”. Is the tenor going to be long as well? That’d be really interesting.

That's great news...I had gotten email that said January release. I don't want the black, which is a benefit, bc there will be reviews prior to the other colors rollout. I'm excited as I love my concert nova.

When is this baby coming out? I need a tenor in my stable :)

I mailed about an update on the tenor. Eric replied on March 1 that the Nova U tenor would be made in quantity from the end of March. I could not get an ETA for availability in the UK (they hope to get inventory here 'as early as possible'). So I suppose that the prototypes came out of the testing alright.

These out yet? I think I'm still only seeing concerts on the site.

I enquired for an update in April. Eric replied that the prototypes passed all the tests, and that the launch was now expected in June. Unfortunately, he was not able to share any of the specifications , or the main differences with the Nova concert. I know I must be patient, but I still find myself checking the Enya website nearly every day.

A video of the Enya Nova tenor from Enya's YouTube channel:

Any information in the videos or are they just sizzle reels?

Specs on the website say 1.5 inch nut (though they have lied about that in the past), metal frets (instead of the fragile plastic frets), and D'Addario Titanium strings (instead of the cheap Enya strings). Everything else looks the same as the concert Enya Nova except bigger and heavier and more expensive.

Specs on the website say 1.5 inch nut (though they have lied about that in the past), metal frets (instead of the fragile plastic frets), and D'Addario Titanium strings (instead of the cheap Enya strings). Everything else looks the same as the concert Enya Nova except bigger and heavier and more expensive.

The switch to metal frets (promised) sets this ukulele completely apart in its class. That isn’t just “bigger, heavier, and more expensive.”

**I do not consider the Lava U to be in the same class…not a fan of the case or sound.

Top Bottom