Enya Nova Tenor news

She beat Baz to the punch!

I don't think Maria is active here, but she started the Enya Nova Group on Facebook (now with over 1,000 members). So it's nice that Enya is thanking her for that by sending her a ukulele to review.

I have seen a few other "influencers" with Enya Nova Tenors as well...Bernadette showed one today, and there were a couple of others in my social media feed. We'll see a lot of opinions on these soon enough.

I went to the Enya website: https://www.enya-music.com/ they are taking pre-orders for the Nova U Pro. Only black or white models. The acoustic will be available in "Early" July. The Acoustic Plus with the electronics in "Early" August.

Acoustic: $119.99 USD Free Shipping
Acoustic Plus: $199.99 USD Free Shipping

I put in an order for a black acoustic.

Don't know how long the pre-order pricing will last, and it's only available on the Enya Website. Barry said the acoustic will be priced at $139.99. So pre-order you save $20 for the acoustic.

I'm not a big fan of plastic ukes. However, it comes with rounded-end metal frets, a side sound port, strap pins and decent sound, for $120 USD! I'm getting one to keep in the car and for travel.

Last edited:
I went to the Enya website: https://www.enya-music.com/ they are taking pre-orders for the Nova U Pro. Only black or white models. The acoustic will be available in "Early" July. The Acoustic Plus with the electronics in "Early" August.

I put in an order for a black acoustic.

Don't know how long the pre-order pricing will last, and it's only available on the Enya Website. Barry said the acoustic will be priced at $139.99. So pre-order you save $20 for the acoustic.

I'm not a big fan of plastic ukes. However, it comes with rounded-end metal frets, a side sound port, strap pins and decent sound, for $120 USD! I'm getting one to keep in the car and for travel.

I think plastic is one of the main features of this ukulele. Plastic is more durable and weather/humidity resistant than wood so you can feel more comfortable traveling with it or taking it to a picnic or the beach or camping. It still does sound more like plastic than like wood and fans of high quality wood instruments won't want to use this frequently. Of course, wood instruments in this price range don't sound really fantastic either.

The preorder started a week ago, so I wonder how many orders they've got so far. Mine was one of them!

In a conversation I had with them on Facebook, they said more colors would be forthcoming, but probably not until Christmas.

Received notice today--with a UPS tracking number--that my Enya Nova U Pro is on the way.

Received my notice today. Which means they created the shipping label for a black Nova U Pro tenor acoustic. (No electronics.)

Maybe they'll put it on a UPS box soon. :p

Received my notice today. Which means they created the shipping label for a black Nova U Pro tenor acoustic. (No electronics.)

Maybe they'll put it on a UPS box soon. :p

Mine (same model as yours) actually shipped seven hours after the label was created, which is normal. Should be here Thursday. I'm impressed that they're actually shipping already. I've never had a preorder of anything ship when they said it would. It's always been later.

Received my Nova U today Thursday, July1. Looks great! Feels quite nice to hold. Very comfortable to strum. Going to take a little time to get the feel of picking on it.

The strings would not hold tuning for more than a few seconds! Kept having to retune. The sixth or seventh time of tightening them, the red Low-G string broke! It let go at about the second fret. I wasn't too impressed with the strings. I decided to change them out. Surprise! Neither Living Waters nor D'Addario plain Low-G strings fit into the slot for the knot. The diameters are too thick. So, I got out a Fremont Soloist Wound Low-G and installed it with the remaining 3 strings from the D'Addario Tenor Fluorocarbon Low-G EJ99TLG set. Wow! Louder and richer. But they need to settle before I can make any firm conclusions.

I am not a fan of plastic ukes. I think they sound tubby and boxy. Initially, this one sounds really good. It's not the same as wood. But it isn't boxy either. Once the strings settle, I'll have a better idea about the sound. I'm impressed.

Just unboxed mine (sorry - no video) and am quite pleased, amazed even. The fretwork and overall feel of the uke are very impressive. It just feels like a quality item in your hands, and the rounded edges everything make it very comfortable. My biggest concern was what the action would be, but at the nut it was almost perfect, around 0.025", while at the 12th fret the action was 0.120" (~ 3mm), higher than I like, but there is plenty of height on the saddle to allow for it to be lowered to my preferred 0.090". Can't tell anything about the quality of the sound yet, but frankly that really isn't the selling point to me for the uke anyway. Surprisingly heavy feeling, so you'd probably want to use a strap. Bummed to learn from Kenn above about the width of the bridge slot for low G, but that's almost always the case with a new uke, and I'll just have to widen the slot with some folded over sandpaper to get my Living Waters low G to fit, and probably work on the nut slot too.

It is heavier than I expected. I personally didn't like the sound or tension of the stock D'Addario strings. Replaced with a Fremont soloist wound low G and Living Water Strings. Much more mellow which is my preference.

Congrats to all you new recipients. That gives me hope that my wife's will arrive soon too. It will be her work uke, to keep in her office, then she won't have to carry her Tiny Tenor. That makes me nervous, she's been known to ding things....about like me sometimes!

Finally got mine today (it was supposed to deliver yesterday, but UPS screwed up). Those frets are the star of the show! Wish some of my expensive guitars had frets like that. I ordered it with low G setup and it came with a wound low G. I'm not a fan of the D'Addarios that are on it and I have a set of low G Worth clears ready to go. With them, I won't have to do anything to the nut. Like others have said, setup is pretty good with 3 mm at the 12th fret. I'll probably lower it a bit when I change the strings. Overall, it's a pretty amazing instrument for barely more than $100.

Ours arrived yesterday. So far so good! My hubby also mentioned maybe lowering the action a bit on the saddle. Haven't had too much time with it yet, but I like it so far. I normally play concert and soprano, so I thought this would be a good way to break into tenor with the thinner body style. I have the nova concert since it came out and play it all the time and love it...so it was a no brainer to give the tenor a go. Having actually frets is nice! (and side markers hehe)

Top Bottom