Enya ukuleles

jp.vanirsel@gmail.com

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If anyone has had some experience with Enya ukuleles, i'd like to hear some of your opinions on this new chinese brand! Barry from Gotaukulele was pretty enthousiastic, i might even buy one from amazon as a beach uke.

Kind regards,
JP

I purchased a soprano that had been modified by a UU member (personal sound hole and smoothing and
thinning of neck).

although it is not the loudest uke (I lead a song circle), I enjoy its mellow tone and it has become my go-to
uke because of its size and construction material (HPL).

I'm thinking of bringing it along with me when I travel to HNL for my Summer vacation (early July to early Aug).
if you are in HNL during that time, let me know. I'd love to get together with you if possible :)
(rod @ 206-234-6972 - for TEXts please)

I also have a Martin HPL that is louder and had been my go-to uke and I would go back to it, however, I am enjoying
the Enya's personal sound hole and it's softer, mellower tones :)

I would encourage you to invest in one (everyone needs an HPL uke - in case you need a reason/justification to
fan the flames of your UAS ).

I have not disassembled the neck from the body... but that is also an option for travel purposes.

keep uke'in',

Last edited:
I would encourage you to do a search on “Enya Ukulele” in these forums, and you should end with quite a bit of reading material from the past 12 months or so, as a Enya came to our attention because of last year’s $29 camp ukulele sale. Sadly, they are now $100, but I think they are still a good bargain.

I would do as Choirguy above says, do a search and get educated. I own 3 Enya X1 HLP ukes. A concert with slotted head stock and pick up, a round body camp soprano and a pineapple soprano. The pineapple is louder more resonant and sounds better then the other two.

The concert does sound nice but on the quieter more mellow side. The pick up is surprisingly decent and the uke sounds good plugged in, did two open mics with it,

Last edited:
I can get the pineapple for 50 bucks. Worth it? I'm looking for a holiday instrument, and i'm doubting between a used Kala Ka Asac Tenor with a small repaired crack on the back (see my other thread for pics) and this one. The Kala costs 140, the Enya 50. I know these are two totally different ukes, but what is the best bang for buck option?

I can get the pineapple for 50 bucks. Worth it? I'm looking for a holiday instrument, and i'm doubting between a used Kala Ka Asac Tenor with a small repaired crack on the back (see my other thread for pics) and this one. The Kala costs 140, the Enya 50. I know these are two totally different ukes, but what is the best bang for buck option?

You are talking apples vs oranges, sorry but I really don't know how to answer that. I guess if you want a tenor go with the Kala, a pineapple soprano go with the Enya

Yeah, i know... I actually would like a soprano for traveling, but a full solid acacia Kala for 140 bucks Just sounds like such a good deal! Maybe i should just get Both ;).

If you are getting the Enya Pineapple with all the accessories for $50...that’s the way to go. Do place an order for strings...perhaps Martin 600 strings...as the one bad thing on all Enya ukuleles is the strings. That’s an opinion—but a very commonly held opinion for those of us who own Enyas.

Yeah, i know... I actually would like a soprano for traveling, but a full solid acacia Kala for 140 bucks Just sounds like such a good deal! Maybe i should just get Both ;).
I would get both. I have a solid acacia Kala tenor and really enjoy it. A good set up is the key on any ukulele.

Hi guys,

If anyone has had some experience with Enya ukuleles, i'd like to hear some of your opinions on this new chinese brand! Barry from Gotaukulele was pretty enthousiastic, i might even buy one from amazon as a beach uke.

Kind regards,
JP

Click on the link to my blog below. Search for Enya. There are some reviews there that may be helpful.

I have a soprano and a tenor. (Not HPL). I really like them a lot. I had to file the fret edges on the soprano, but that was no biggie. I recommend them!

Hi guys,

Kind regards,
JP

I got an Enya concert on Amazon during a brief sale. It cost $18.21, for the uke, strings, tuner, etc. It's surprisingly good. It's well-made, and it sounds nice. I later got an Enya tenor for about $54, and I converted that to a resonator. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an Enya to anyone looking for an inexpensive ukulele.

Barry does good reviews, and he likes Enya.

Last edited:
Top Bottom