Europa Guitar Chords - How I back up Aldrine

thanks for the tip! always wanted 4 play like you but since i still get hard time with guitar and shame for ask you, i can look it up at my own time and speed. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu da bestest!

Nuttin wrong with this video Ryan. I'm gonna use these chords and transpose to Am for the guitarist in my rock band so we can jam on it a bit. Who knows, we might just add it to our set. We used to do it on guitar years ago. Might be a good reason to break the uke out.

Just wanted to make a video to show the chords I play when I back up Aldrine when we play Europa. The chords were taught to me by our friend Keane who is an amazing guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZEe8d0XIE

I just watched the video and noticed you don't know what some of the chords are. There's a nice application called Nut Chords that can tell you the chord names (standard and alternate names depending on the root) when you enter the fingerings. it'll also let you put in piano keys or choose the chords and show various fingerings and play the chords. Don't get the 1.19 version though, it doesn't play the chords like 1.17 does. You can also add tunings and chords to it, I added:
%Mandolin,8,8,8,3,10,5
%Uke-C,8,8,8,1,5,10
%Uke-A,10,10,10,3,7,11
(it needs 6 strings, so I tripled the one.)

There's also http://www.gootar.com/ which has an online chord finder or you can buy one (I didn't) to install locally.

cool cool, thanks for the help, ill have to do it on guitar for now..

Chords

This video was really helpful! I wrote down the chords that ryan plays so hopefully I got this right. Maybe it would help some people if it was written down as well:
Code:
Rayan's Europa Chords:

x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    5
3    3    1    6    8    6    5    6    6
3    3    2    7    7    6    5    6    5
3    2    2    7    8    5    3    5    7
x    3    x    x    7    x    5    x    6
3    x    1    6    x    5    x    5    6

It helped me remember the chords better when I wrote it down.

Rayan is this correct?

Last edited:
rayan... your rhythm is superb as ever.

Top Bottom