Evening Bell at Nanping Hill

Lapyang

Reaction score
Evening Bell at Nanping Hill / 南屏晚鐘 (Ukulele Solo)

I recently posted a song about my father. Now is a memory about my mother. Evening Bell at Nanping Hill is a very popular song in Hong Kong in the late ‘50s. My mom loves this song. This is still her number one favorite today. I have heard it so many times in childhood that it became white noise to me. In recent years, I started to appreciate the song again.

Played on a Jupiter Tenor Ukulele. Tuned half step down to help ease the tension of new strings.

Very nice, thanks for sharing it. Interesting ukulele too.

I recently posted a song about my father. Now is a memory about my mother. Evening Bell at Nanping Hill is a very popular song in Hong Kong in the late ‘50s. My mom loves this song. This is still her number one favorite today. I have heard it so many times in childhood that it became white noise to me. In recent years, I started to appreciate the song again.

Played on a Jupiter Tenor Ukulele. Tuned half step down to help ease the tension of new strings.

Great tune, nice playing, and the back-story lends it touching sentiment. I also like your dog-themed ukulele!

Nice playing and makes me want to hear the original, too! Your mom must have been or will be happy to hear your rendition! :)

Top Bottom