Favorite Sports?

I'm no into team sports at all, I'm a loner. I LOVE to fish, dive, and surf, pretty much anything that has to do with the ocean.

I'm a rower, cyclist and occasional runner
i prefer mountain biking over road though but i do both

Last edited:
Rugby League. American sports has too much padding, what a bunch of wussies :)

I'm from a Rugby Union mad country, but I identify much more with League's middle-class history and I like its simplicity. Then there's Aussie Rules Football which is confusing, but we Kiwis love anything where Australians beat the snot out of each other.

In terms of team sports I'm a huge hockey fan (GO SHARKS!). I also do endurance events; I've done a bunch of marathons, some small triathlons, and I've done 3 Ironman Triathlons (fun sports to do, but not so much to watch).

I used to play inline hockey, but I am currently training for a triathlon. Me and my knee found out last year that hockey and endurance sports don't really mix (I was sidelined with a sprained knee for 6 months last year... I guess my knee pads were a bit on the thin side).

Is ukulele a sport? I love that too!

Hey Ukestar,

My son just ended his Men's Collegiate Lacrosse eligibility with Central Washington U (Wildcats).

They made it to the first round of the Playoffs, but lost to Southern Oregon U. (PNCLL of the MCLA).

Where did you play and what was your position(s)?

Jeremy (my son) played midi in HS and college. These last 2 years he's been playing attack. His forte is
in Assists more than scoring goals.

He is just showing a little interest in playing the uke. We'll see how that develops.

Although he's a senior, he still has one more year for his major (graphic arts).

Keep uke-in',

I wrested in HS about 80 pounds ago and love watching college lacrosse, college football, the Seahawks, and the Mariners.

The UW Husky women's softball team seems to be doing well this season as defending National Champs.

Keep uke-in',

Do i hear a squash player around? :p

yep Lexxy, squash player here mate.

I also love tennis, swimming, cricket like jaka (opening bat and wicketkeeper) and especially table tennis.

Aside from that, if there is sport on the TV you can sit me in front of it and I won't move: unless it's golf which bores me to tears.

yep Lexxy, squash player here mate.

I also love tennis, swimming, cricket like jaka (opening bat and wicketkeeper) and especially table tennis.

Aside from that, if there is sport on the TV you can sit me in front of it and I won't move: unless it's golf which bores me to tears.

Awesome! I've been training for 3 years, at age 12-15. Then stopped, to focus on my studies. I was suppose to represent RMIT university for the Australian Uni Games, but it was too costly to cover the expense of going to perth. 800 Dollars excluding flight :/

Awesome! I've been training for 3 years, at age 12-15. Then stopped, to focus on my studies. I was suppose to represent RMIT university for the Australian Uni Games, but it was too costly to cover the expense of going to perth. 800 Dollars excluding flight :/

right Lexxy, you obviously know your way round the court then. Sadly, with my advancing years and weary bones I'd probably have a heart attack attempting to play a youngster like yourself these days!! A Few years back I played A1 pennant squash in the Hobart comp. as a number 4. These days I play the fool fairly competently. Every other day I just play uke (easier on the heart and lungs)...

I love watching Basketball, and MMA, In high school I was really into wrestling, and Track.

right Lexxy, you obviously know your way round the court then. Sadly, with my advancing years and weary bones I'd probably have a heart attack attempting to play a youngster like yourself these days!! A Few years back I played A1 pennant squash in the Hobart comp. as a number 4. These days I play the fool fairly competently. Every other day I just play uke (easier on the heart and lungs)...

I have to agree the Uke is way easier on the lungs and body. But after playing for such a long period, you tend to get more used to what you have adapted to, and for me. Squash is easier though. But I am determind to do well with the Uke, not only because it's my first instrument, but also because i believe i can :)

I have to agree the Uke is way easier on the lungs and body. But after playing for such a long period, you tend to get more used to what you have adapted to, and for me. Squash is easier though. But I am determind to do well with the Uke, not only because it's my first instrument, but also because i believe i can :)

I think that, with any pursuit in life, if you've got a passion to work at something then you will succeed. Fullstop. Reading your posts here on UU Lexxy, you've obviously got a passion to learn and find out as much as you can which is half the battle. The other half is dedication and drive which you also seem to have in spades. Self belief is something many struggle with but I enjoy reading your comments and your enthusiasm is infectious mate. It's a beautiful instrument played by beautiful people, no? And hey, you're one of 'em bro! see you on the trail, eugene.

come from a mad NRL family. If you don't play, don't coach or don't manage you support. not that i'm complaining :)

play/ed:

tag
netball - indoor/outdoor
softball

Rugby. Shame some countries dont have rugby.

i like watching football mma soccer and baseball when it gets to the playoffs especially since my giants won the world series woo hooo!...i used to play billiards... not as much any more...i also used to take jiu jitsu but couldnt afford it uas kicked in!

Good thread! kinda reminded me how many Ive stopped playing and just watch these days tho... mite just kick me up the b*m to start karate again after my break.. (in time not bones lol)

Favourite has to be Rugby union (my team: Leicester Tigers of course!) TTTIIIIGGGEEERRRRSSS ha - Whetu I didnt know you had the league down there! spreads like a cold that game ;)

I play football with friends but not competitively anymore (of the soccer type, just using CORRECT terminology :) )... not much of a fan watchin it tho, pros are too soft!

Also on a financially imposed break of karate (annoyingly 1 belt away from the best colour) which I plan to restart this year..

Oh and darts for its amazing ability to allow me to drink guiness whilst playing sport :)

All ribs are in jest of course, just sporting some humour :)

Rowing.

I started around my 50th birthday and I've competed in Australian, Australasian and World Masters Games. It's good that it's low impact and it gives a fair number of the body's muscles a good work out. It's bad that it sucks you in - you sort of can't be half a rower. These days I coach at least as much as I row and I don't have any plans for future competition, but I get out in a single scull I built for myself as often as I can.

Rugby Union

I'm from Chicago, so naturally I love the Bears, and I grew up on Walter Payton.

When I started college in 1985, (that's right kiddies, waaay back in the twentieth century, back when lifting in the line-out was illegal, Union was strictly amaeutur and tries were only worth 4 points) I went out for the club side (we didn't have a varsity team). I was on E side to start and we played with an underinflated ball on a pitch with a gravel road running through it (and we liked it dammit). The first match I ever saw a guy got four teeth knocked out. Good stuff.

"I must be in the front row!"

Started as a Lock, moved to Flanker then graduated to Prop.

Um, after that, I guess I like playing volleyball and tennis. The nice thing about those sports is that you aren't supposed to hurt the other team and they give me a net so I don't get tempted.

Don't like baseball and soccer. I actually don't mind running around and kicking the ball for some light fun, but I also like chess a bit. Neither really counts as a sport in my book.

I found that the spirit of the ukulele players is a lot like Rugby players, it's one of the things that encouraged me to take it up.

rugby, football, soccer, basket ball, any olympic event, last baseball (I'm still not over the strike in the 80's)

Top Bottom