Fender Tenor Tele - REVIEW

steveholt

Are they pretty much out of stock everythere in UK/Europe now? Will there more more coming in?

bazmaz

I've honestly no idea Steve - taken me all year to get one. I think stores are still 'expecting stock' but rumours are that Fender are not making more..

A shame - the first Fender 'non guitar' instrument i've truly liked!

steveholt

I've honestly no idea Steve - taken me all year to get one. I think stores are still 'expecting stock' but rumours are that Fender are not making more..

A shame - the first Fender 'non guitar' instrument i've truly liked!

Thanks Baz - I'll keep my eyes open.

besley

The Fender Tenor Tele is probably destined to become as rare as the Fender Mandocaster.

mandocaster__0508.jpg

merlin666

Thanks for the review that sure is a neat instrument. I think that finding strings for CGDA tuning should not be that difficult, might even be possible with the OEM strings.

bazmaz

Possibly - and if not - just a case of buying some other electric guitar strings and experimenting. Know someone who says they tuned one to GCEA (presume also, lighter strings all round).

It's very neat - and nice to review a Fender and be positive for a change - i've always pointed out in Fender uke reviews that I LOVE their guitars. If only they made their ukes to this quality.

Ruben Mutiny

Thanks for the review, Barry! I play mostly soprano ukes, but I’ve always wanted a Telecaster (and definitely NOT a Fullerton). I ordered one in butterscotch blonde from Elderly and waited for months, but when it arrived I was delighted. I have limited 6 string skills, but I’ve been transferring my ukulele skills and playing through Baritone Ukulele Fretboard Aerobics. I really love the thing and am glad I bought it.

Last edited: