Finally listed a uke on eBay

Timbuck

Reaction score
It's been ages since I sold one on eBay due to the pandemic and Brexit so I thought I'd test the system out again with this uke .. The postage to the EU is still very slow I understand and cost can vary quite a lot depending on which country. The USA shipping seams to be ok but a little more expensive.
ABED692C-1A16-48A5-BA91-35A1428235B6 by Ken Timms,

Yeaaa! I love watching the bidding.

Question: I have noticed 2 different shapes for tuner knobs. The oval ones and the shape that is on this uke. Do you shape the knobs on the non oval ones or is that how they come?

GLWS, Looks top-notch as usual. Have you ever made a sopranino?

It’s good to see one of your instruments for sale on eBay again and I hope that recent troubles don’t deter folk from bidding. I’m curious, and I hope that you don’t mind me asking, but as you’re making Ukes but not listing them/many on eBay how are they being sold?

Yeaaa! I love watching the bidding.

Question: I have noticed 2 different shapes for tuner knobs. The oval ones and the shape that is on this uke. Do you shape the knobs on the non oval ones or is that how they come?

Graham ..I haven't been selling them at all .I made them and put them in stock.
and Ritesh ..I usually take the oval type and change the shape in the lathe...sometimes I don't :).

That's a fine looking instrument Ken. It should sell fast. Where I live in the US there seems to be a surge in people wanting ukuleles. I've mentioned to friends that I'm building a ukulele, and was surprised to find two of them had bought a ukulele. One of them told me the shop she bought it at, said he was selling a lot of ukuleles. Maybe people are staying home because of the Covid, and have idle time. The person getting yours will be getting a well made instrument.
Regards
Ed

I was highly intrigued by that write-up on "sinker" mahogany, so I got involved (very tentatively) in the eBay auction. Much to my surprise and delight, I have bought the uke! It will make a most interesting comparison with my other Timms style 0 - that one is from very dark, recycled Cuban mahogany.

I thought I was immune to UAS, but sometimes it strikes unexpectedly.

John Colter

I was highly intrigued by that write-up on "sinker" mahogany, so I got involved (very tentatively) in the eBay auction. Much to my surprise and delight, I have bought the uke! It will make a most interesting comparison with my other Timms style 0 - that one is from very dark, recycled Cuban mahogany.

I thought I was immune to UAS, but sometimes it strikes unexpectedly.

John Colter
I am glad you got it (no I was not bidding) Will wait for your 2 cents!

Looks like the shipping to the EU problems are over ..I sent one to Germany and one to the USA and they both got there within 3 days.🙂 That's according to the tracking info...Sometimes they say delivered when it's at the depo awaiting collection.:(

The uke arrived very quickly. No shipping problems from the North East to the West Midlands.

It is lovely. A sort of soft honey colour. I have to restrain myself from licking it!

It has a brighter, punchier tone that my dark Cuban mahogany one. I'm pleased that my two Timms style Zeros have different voices. They are not markedly different, just enough to give each one its own character.

I'll try to attach a photo.

John Colter
Timms x 2 + Martin = 06-09-'21.jpg

Top Bottom