Finally upgraded

rorym

I’ve been wanting an upgrade from my Kala KA-TE, laminate mahogany tenor for a while now. I’d set a budget of $300, which while limited my choices, really forced me to do my research. I had pretty much settled on a Mainland cutaway mahogany tenor and was just biding my time before making the final decision.

I recently checked craigslist and noticed a Kala KA-SMHT-SC, solid mahogany with a scoop cutaway for a very good price. Perhaps too good to be true. The seller was a guitar player who decided he wanted to just focus on his guitar playing. The uke is essentially new - not a single scratch on it.

I asked him where he had purchased it and when he said he’d gotten it from Mim, then I knew it would be nicely setup. Sure enough, the action is perfect and I’ve never felt nicer fret edges - they are as smooth as silk.

The solid mahogany sounds vastly superior to the laminate. There is no going back.

Wanna sell it?
I’ll buy it for $200 — a good offer for a used $300 Uke.
😇
Congratulations! Sounds like you made a good deal and glad that you are well pleased. Happy Strumming.