Flight Travel Concert Top Template

UkeOkay

Reaction score
I recently got myself a black flight concert to take with me on business trips. Did I say it’s black? And a bit boring? My artist daughter is willing to draw designs on it, but only on the condition that I give her some ideas first.

What I would like to do is make some paper templates of the top that I can sketch some patterns on. Trial and error is my fallback solution, but I was hoping someone out there might have a better idea.

The problem solved itself. Sort of.

I recently took this uke on a business trip and while calling for transportation to the an offsite car park an airport worker came by and told everyone to immediately leave the parking garage. Not knowing what was happening (no one else seemed to), and having a bit of fresh adrenaline in my system, I quickly left the area while still talking with the dispatcher on my phone. Unfortunately, I’d set the ukulele on a bench while making the call.

The nice thing about inexpensive travel ukes is that they are inexpensive. I ordered a replacement, this time one with an Acacia laminate top. This one looks just fine as is.

I did wait around to see if I could get back in to retrieve the instrument - it ended up there was a car fire in the parking garage. I eventually gave upmand started heading home. Someone later texted me saying they found it, but by that time it would not he worth my while to go back and fetch it. I told them they could have it -just that they should make someone happy with it.

Top Bottom