Flurocarbon Low g options

M3Ukulele

I’m wondering what is out there for Low g single string that are unwound fluro. Aquila Red comes to mind first. I think Oasis make a Low g set with a fluro g but don’t know if it’s sold as single. What are you folks using and recommending, I’m going to make an order soon with Strings by Mail!

I see the Fremont soloist is very popular from threads. I’ll order one of these to try for sure. I believe it’s a wound string. Comments on it or others also, please.

UkerDanno

Yes, the soloist is a wound string. Most brands have a low G set, why not just get a set? I like Living Water...

donboody

I really like the uke logic Supercarbon low G set. I use the pink sandia soft tensions. I prefer them to the fremont black which is the only other low g ive tried.

man0a

Fremont black and clear fluorocarbon low-G strings are available individually. I think my local music store was selling them for $3 each.
In the past, I've used Worth fluorocarbon low-G strings, but I've only seen those packaged in sets of strings.

M3Ukulele

I’m inquiring on two fronts. First, I have. Five string Tenor. I’ve tried it with a DAddario low G guitar string .030 and it seems to work fine. I was planning on trying the so,list, perhaps the Aquila low G Reds. I was just wondering what opens re out there. I see Aquila off a New Nylgut low G option which is wound. I absolutely could just try a low g set……but on five string…….it’s seems easier to pick the high G set I like and add the low g.

I was curious on option in Flurocarbon is all I was thinking,

Secondly,
I will keep one tenor in low G to just experimenting. I’m mostly a high g player as I find a lot of the tabs that way. I like both low and g but have p,aged more in high g. Hence dipping my toe into the five string thing. I was wondering if a low G on five string would give it a smoother sound than adding the DAddaril .030 string.

Cadia

I really like the uke logic Supercarbon low G set. I use the pink sandia soft tensions. I prefer them to the fremont black which is the only other low g ive tried.
Me too, though not the pinks ones.

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
Living Waters makes a 5 string set as well as selling individual low G’s.

pmorey

UU VIP
UU VIP
Strings by Mail sells both the Worth Clear (C-LC) and Worth Brown (B-LG) double length single strings.