Food Forum

Mike $

Is this the place where everyone shares recipes and talks about food? I haven't seen any yet and was just wondering.

Croaky Keith

I'd ask one of the moderators - if lots of recipes got posted under one thread title it will get very messy very quickly - they may be able to start a 'Food' specific forum under 'General' - worth a try at least.

Chopped Liver

Agreed. A Food specific forum would be best. Recipes popping up all over would not. And if they are all in one thread, you'd have to weed through them all to find what you want.

KohanMike

UU VIP
UU VIP
I'm also into cooking, but with the state of the UU forum of no continuous moderators, I don't think any changes will be made. Your idea of searching with the preface of [FF] sounds like a reasonable workaround.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I often modify recipes to accommodate that.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

KohanMike

UU VIP
UU VIP
I just followed your lead and posted a [FF] recipe, but search does not find any. I changed my title to start with RECIPE and found mine and yours. It looks like the brackets don't work. What if we preface the title with either RECIPE or FOOD FORUM?

cloeknox

Since this is such a topic, I will tell you about my favorite dish. I tried it at one of the 10 Historic Restaurants in NYC. The peculiarity of making moussaka is that all the products are put into it at the same time and then stewed for one hour. The meat for moussaka is lamb, but it can also be veal. The main and obligatory vegetables are onions, eggplants, and tomatoes. Usually, in the moussaka, along with the main vegetables, there is one of the interchangeable vegetables (cabbage, potatoes, zucchini). Moussaka includes garlic, bay leaf, black or red pepper, dill, and parsley herbs; fats are sunflower oil and sour cream. The meat is cut into pieces like for goulash and lightly beaten. Vegetables are cut in circles, and cabbage - in julienne.

Flow80

My favourite dish is pancakes. It's not difficult to make them and very fast. Especially I like pancakes with bananas or strawberries. Mmm ... delicious! Last week I had my birthday and got albertsons gift card balance. They have all necessary ingormation here https://giftcards-market.com/downloads/albertson-s-gift-card/ in case you're interested. I think It was one of the best presents. I bought lots of food there. The main course was ginataang alimasag (crabs in coconut milk). That was something amazing!

Last edited: