Freight Train - Duets for One

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Wow! I play the same arrangement but with 4 fingers.. that's pretty good pick control! Did you play another instrument with a pick or decided to use it for ukulele?
That book by James Hill is amazing.
Well done!

Pixiegod

Well done! I am working on that piece as well right now, but I don't sound nearly as good as you. The strumming approach is very interesting, might try that. Had to chuckle at the floral print strap in your spec list -- probably changes the tone of your uke a lot :)

donboody

Wow! I play the same arrangement but with 4 fingers.. that's pretty good pick control! Did you play another instrument with a pick or decided to use it for ukulele?
That book by James Hill is amazing.
Well done!
I played electric guitar and bass for years, but I'm not using a pick in the video. I'm using the pad of my thumb for the melody and strumming the chords with the nail on my index finger. Does look like I'm holding a pic in the video tho lol. The alternate thumb pad and index nail approach for this piece is outlined in the youtube video James does to introduce this book.

donboody

Well done! I am working on that piece as well right now, but I don't sound nearly as good as you. The strumming approach is very interesting, might try that. Had to chuckle at the floral print strap in your spec list -- probably changes the tone of your uke a lot :)
Once the strap opened up it was like a whole new instrument.

I'm using the pad of my thumb for the melody and strumming the chords with the nail on my index finger.

plunker

Thanks, I have the book, can't do that though. But, always like to hear other people playing Hill's arrangements, spurs me on to keep working.

rainbow21

Kudos to an excellent performance ! Have to decide if this will inspire me or discourage me...

Teddy

Thanks, I have the book, can't do that though. But, always like to hear other people playing Hill's arrangements, spurs me on to keep working.

Ok maybe ill give Georgia on my mind a shot tonight, keep an eye out!

plunker

Ok maybe ill give Georgia on my mind a shot tonight, keep an eye out!
i am working on that one, got it about 1/2 way there. After watching that you should knock it out of the park! (No pressure;);))