FS: Boat Paddle M-Style Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

It's with reluctance I offer this 2010 Boat Paddle M-Style baritone for sale. It is quite simply the nicest baritone I've ever played.

IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1156.jpg

Here are the specs:
Spruce top
Walnut back, sides, and headstock veneer
Ebony fretboard and bridge
20.25" scale
BP pin nut

Here's Boat Paddle's website, for more information (and eye candy): http://www.boatpaddleukuleles.com/instruments.php

And here's a link to a recent thread in which I extolled Jerry Hoffman's craftsmanship and business in general: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?101998-Boat-Paddle-Customer-Service-(and-Review)&highlight=boat+paddle (There's a couple of different pics and a sound sample as well.)

Why sell? I have a two-year old and a ten month old. I am fortunate in that they both love music and both love to sing and goof off and play the uke. All that's great, but there's no way I'd trust them with a uke of this quality. As a result, I spend more time pining over the BP than I do actually playing it. (It's going to be a few years before we start having nice things again.) It's a bummer, but it's also the right decision.

So, $800 gets this shipped to your door CONUS. Any questions, please give me a shout.

Cheers, UU.

connor013

And here are a couple more: IMG_1155.jpg IMG_1158.jpg

I also forgot to mention: the uke is strung with Southcoast re-entrants, which sound fantastic -- I highly recommend giving them a shot. This uke also comes with a padded gig bag.

Cheers.

connor013

Also forgot to mention: there is a small imperfection on the top treble side of the soundboard and a tiny nick out of the headstock. Neither affects playability.

bonesigh

I've wanted one of these since I heard Victoria Vox play hers at a concert. I'd have to sell both the bari's I have now and even that probably wouldn't be enough ): If that Mya Moe I have would sell I could do it too. Ah, well, you'll sell this quick I'm sure!

BigD

Geez i just posted in the "if someone dropped 1000 bucks in your lap what would you get" thread without even seeing this! Killin me!!

kafkapenguin

Wow! That is a lovely looking Uke! Sorry you have to part with it....now if I only had $800.....;)

rusty

coolkayaker1

Why sell? I have a two-year old and a ten month old. I am fortunate in that they both love music and both love to sing and goof off and play the uke. All that's great, but there's no way I'd trust them with a uke of this quality.

Cheers, UU.

Absolutely agree. Starting kids of that age on a baritone fretboard is downright diabolical.

;)

connor013

Absolutely agree. Starting kids of that age on a baritone fretboard is downright diabolical.

;)

Well played, Steve.

There is a (silly) part of me that thinks I could somehow wield a sopranino quickly and deftly enough to keep it from young, sticky hands...

And since trades are more fun than sales anyway, if anyone has a BB, Loprinzi, or Noah sopranino they wanna offer in trade, I'm game.

Happy New Year, UU!

rosepose

Seriously interested. Can you tell me more about the imperfection on the soundboard? I can't see it on the pictures. Thanks.

rosepose

I think I sent a PM also but not 100% sure it worked. Please let me know if you didn't receive it/them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.