For Sale FS: Breedlove Signature Uke Myrtle/Spruce. Seahorse inlay $1500

Price
Shipping
50-75
Size
Tenor

curiousdave84

Reaction score
I am not playing much uke these days (primarily a guitar player), and could use the funds to chase after an electric I have had my eye on.

I bought this uke brand new and it has only been played at home by me. It is in excellent condition and no noticeable wear or issues of any nature. I have a mya-moe tenor I am keeping as it was built for me and I picked out the woods, so it has more sentimental value to me. As such this one is looking for a new home.

My understanding is that these were pretty rare in that 3-4 were built a year. Much different than the ukes they are making now.

Features include:
USA Made
Spruce Top
Myrtle back and sides
Waverly Tuners
radiused fretboard
Sea Horse inlay on fretboard.
Slot Head
Breedlove hard case

Really an exceptional uke.

$1500 net to me. Shipping should not be too bad to the continental US. I have acquired a mandolin and would like to move this along. In my opinion hard to find a better uke than this for this price.
Breedlove Uke Back.JPG
Breedlove Uke Front.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Beautiful Ukulele!

I am not playing much uke these days (primarily a guitar player), and could use the funds to chase after an electric I have had my eye on.

I bought this uke brand new and it has only been played at home by me. It is in excellent condition and no noticeable wear or issues of any nature. I have a mya-moe tenor I am keeping as it was built for me and I picked out the woods, so it has more sentimental value to me. As such this one is looking for a new home.

My understanding is that these were pretty rare in that 3-4 were built a year. Much different than the ukes they are making now.

Features include:
USA Made
Spruce Top
Myrtle back and sides
Waverly Tuners
radiused fretboard
Sea Horse inlay on fretboard.
Slot Head
Breedlove hard case

Really an exceptional uke.

$2000 net to me. Shipping should not be too bad to the continental US.
View attachment 137001
View attachment 137002
Maybe I'm missing it, but is it a tenor or concert?

Bump on this. I have a strong desire to get back into mandolin and would love to send this to someone who will play if more than I am.

Price drop to $1700. I have acquired a mandolin and would like to move this along. In my opinion hard to find a better uke than this for this price

A lovely ukulele. I like Myrtle as a tone wood very much. I think it's somewhat brighter than mahogany & walnut.

Really like the Seahorse inlay. Quite nice work. Do you know who did it?

You might want to post some detail photos.

Happy to take some more detail photos. Not sure who did the inlay. What I heard is that Larry Breedlove had a large hand in these signature ukes, but I can’t confirm that.

Bump this to the top. I imagine you will have a hard time finding a Uke this nice for the price ($1500). I also see the marketplace rules have been updated and I need to get a photo up with an ownership picture

Yep. It just doesn't get any play time. Just hanging on my wall in the guitar room basically in brand new condition. I primarily play guitar and I have a Mya Moe tenor that I picked the woods on. I really only need 1 uke.

Hey Curiousdave, Is this still available? Also, do you have any audio recordings of how it sounds?

Yes. It is still available. I do not have any audio recordings, but I can confirm it sounds great. Thanks

Top Bottom