FS Kala longneck & Gretch camp uke - TWOFER DEAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
My son (the REAL musician in the family) needs a trumpet upgrade, so I need to free up some cash. Brass instruments are not cheap.

For sale is a Kala longneck soprano (KA-SLNG) and a Gretsch Camp Uke (one of the modern repros, not vintage). Both are in fine condition, with only very light playwear.

IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0215.jpgIMG_0216.jpg

I would prefer to sell them together; if I don't get any takers on the twofer deal, I'll consider selling them separately.

$110 buys the pair, plus $20 to cover US shipping (sorry, I do not want to deal with international shipping). Payment by Paypal gift/friends & family payment (please don't stick me with the paypal fee!). I'm in Portsmouth, Ohio - I'd be willing to drive about an hour for a meetup if someone nearby wants them, and you wouldn't have to pay shipping then.

UPDATE (3/25): $110 for the pair, shipping now included in the US. Will reduce price further for local sale.

Reply or PM with any questions

Last edited:
That Kala longneck is nice. I have one, but the version with the solid spruce top (KA-sSLNG).

How is the intonation on the Camp Uke?

How is the intonation on the Camp Uke?

Tuned up to ADF#B, it's damn near spot-on. Tuned GCEA, the C string gets a little off by the time you get to the 12th fret, which leads me to believe a different string set would solve the problem (I'm pretty sure I have Oasis Brights on it right now). But, if all you're doing is strumming cowboy chords up by the nut, it's not a problem anyway.

Where did you buy the Kala from?

I bought the Kala a couple years ago, off of another UU member who only had it about 2 weeks...she got it in a brick & mortar in NYC (I don't remember what it was), then found herself in a financial pinch and had to let it go.

I bought the Kala a couple years ago, off of another UU member who only had it about 2 weeks...she got it in a brick & mortar in NYC (I don't remember what it was), then found herself in a financial pinch and had to let it go.

How is the action on the Kala?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom