FS: KoAloha Scepter Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the elephant in the room with this one is the tuners. Changing them was a mistake. I think the vast majority of those who might be interested in a KoAloha sceptre would want one that hasn't been altered.

I think the elephant in the room with this one is the tuners. Changing them was a mistake. I think the vast majority of those who might be interested in a KoAloha sceptre would want one that hasn't been altered.

To each their own. Aesthetically the tuners match well with the wood, and many prefer geared over old frictions. Thanks for your input

To each their own. Aesthetically the tuners match well with the wood, and many prefer geared over old frictions. Thanks for your input

The tuners are branded 'Bushman'? I can find a Bushman brand of Ukulele from a few years ago but not Tuners. Maybe they are Grover tuners taken from a Bushman ukulele?

Any one interested in making a deal for this beauty? I'm considering closing the thread and selling this uke via consignment at my local shop. Let me know!

Did you put it on other sites? I always use here, Fleamarket, and Reverb. You could even try eBay and have a reserve. Start at $0.99, but have a reserve of $1,000 or more.

I’m with Counter...those tuners, something just isn’t right.

I’ve been around ukuleles for a long time and have followed the KoAloha brand since the beginning. Bushman tuners on a Scepter is a little trashy. I was going to reach out to the buyer with an offer until I saw the headstock. It was an immediate turn off. Sad, but true.

Those tuners are cheap and came stock on the Bushman Jenny ukuleles from over a decade ago:

3F351672-BD31-4517-AA3D-2AA7760BDD7F.jpg

Last edited:
I’m with Counter...those tuners, something just isn’t right.

I’ve been around ukuleles for a long time and have followed the KoAloha brand since the beginning. Bushman tuners on a Scepter is a little trashy. I was going to reach out to the buyer with an offer until I saw the headstock. It was an immediate turn off. Sad, but true.

Those tuners are cheap and came stock on the Bushman Jenny ukuleles from over a decade ago:

View attachment 129104

I didn't realize that. I thought they looked nice. Looks can be deceptive. A pro could replace the tuners with original KoAlohas and make it look original again.

Ok, re-reading my comments. I sound very critical, sending an apology to the seller!

Not trying to be super critical at all, sorry!

Like Jerry said, swapping out tuners is not that big of a deal.

Ok, re-reading my comments. I sound very critical, sending an apology to the seller!

Not trying to be super critical at all, sorry!

I always think twice before replacing friction tuners, but I want to be comfortable with my ukes. I just about always replace them on Magic Fluke instruments, but never on Hawaiian K ukes.

I agree, which is why it should not be that big of a deal to the buyer. I am trying to sell this ukulele, if that's what the next owner wants then so be it but I am looking to sell this instrument, not make additional purchases and changes.

Bump, got a few bites the past two days. So far nobody has pulled the trigger.

Somehow I still have this gem, motivated to sell as I am trying to make space before I move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom