Future of UU

Tenzen

Reaction score
Your sticky telling everyone this forum is over because you got a discord doesn't make any sense to me.

A Discord server doesn't really replace anything, it's just like a free chat, or place to loiter about etc

Maybe a UU subreddit you mod yourself could replace a forum, but reddit is a pretty half-assed solution to communicating ideas. It's mostly just for temporary information you don't care about for long.

There's really no substitute for a Forum. Even if it's slow, that's not the point. It's about finding and sharing recoverable information.

Is it because of lack of ad revenue from lack of traffic that you're giving up?

Anyway, Discord just compliments things, like a website or a subreddit, or a game or application. It's kind of useless by itself.

Are you responding to the post made long ago about the difficulty of maintaining this forum, or is there a new post with further details?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I believe that was posted last year sometime and there was a long discussion somewhere about it

It seems to imply that forums are no longer interesting in this "day and age", and that they want everyone to stop using this forum and "move" over to the Discord server instead, and that this forum is "too old"..

None of that makes any sense.

It seems like the view of some people on the internet who think that when they ask a question, people just answer it because they just want to help that person out, in that moment.

In reality, answers are given for anyone past, present, or future who may have the same or similar question, and people take the time to write help in hopes it will remain up and available for anyone searching for a similar answer.

Discord is just idle chat with very individual and temporary benefits only

I seem to recall the platform this is running on is getting very old, not supported and it's difficult to maintain. At some point, they think it will stop working, so they were looking for other solutions. I guess it's managed to survive another year, without much crashing that I've noticed.

At the time, a number of members signed up to be VIP members to support it financially and that appeared to help.

There were indeed more and more issues with the forum unfortunately. Right now, I am trying to access some old posts from 2-3 years ago to read some information about a specific ukulele brand, but I keep getting an "access denied" page every time. Anyone experiencing the same?

Honestly, I prefer a forum like this which has a big history and a lot of information about ukes than a discord.

Your sticky telling everyone this forum is over because you got a discord doesn't make any sense to me.

A Discord server doesn't really replace anything, it's just like a free chat, or place to loiter about etc

Maybe a UU subreddit you mod yourself could replace a forum, but reddit is a pretty half-assed solution to communicating ideas. It's mostly just for temporary information you don't care about for long.

There's really no substitute for a Forum. Even if it's slow, that's not the point. It's about finding and sharing recoverable information.

Is it because of lack of ad revenue from lack of traffic that you're giving up?

Anyway, Discord just compliments things, like a website or a subreddit, or a game or application. It's kind of useless by itself.

UU has a glorious future as the world has finally come to appreciate the instrument.

Top Bottom