Get Ready (Rare Earth)

Bill S., you pretty much describe my childhood also, except I was the oldest brother. You are right about what great music we grew up with. There was always music in our house growing up and I was raised on my parents music of the 30's and 40's. Once I was old enough to own a crystal radio and then a transistor, I enjoyed the 50's on up. Think of the fantastic artists that recorded during that span. Very fortunate.
Amen, Joe!

Haven't been here for a while, you keep smashing it my friend , very nice

Bill S., you pretty much describe my childhood also, except I was the oldest brother. You are right about what great music we grew up with. There was always music in our house growing up and I was raised on my parents music of the 30's and 40's. Once I was old enough to own a crystal radio and then a transistor, I enjoyed the 50's on up. Think of the fantastic artists that recorded during that span. Very fortunate.
I was raised om 30s and 40s also, I knew more about Harry James., Tommy Dorsey, Lennon Sister....... I started playing trombone in 5 th grade as asthma therapy but kept it up in High School. Our high school band had a stage band that played a lot of the old standards. Coll stuff, fond memories.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts guys, and sorry to have hijacked this thread! But if you'll allow me, maybe I can make an observation, and also ask a quick question (which probably belongs in the tech-support threads, so please forgive):

1) I consider myself so lucky. I was born in 1953, with a love of music in my constitution. By the time I turned 7, in 1960, my ears were perked up and I was right in the thick of all the "newer" music and artists then (and going forward) becoming more and more well-known: the Everly Brothers, Elvis, Paul Anka, Chuck Berry, the Beatles, the Association, the Young Rascals, the Temptations, the Four Tops, the Supremes, America, the Moody Blues, Chicago, the Doobie Brothers, Jose Feliciano, James Taylor, John Denver, Jim Croce, Gordon Lightfoot, the Jackson Five, and on and on and on. I always carried my little transistor radio around so I could listen to the local AM station and hopefully hear my favorite songs. I'd go to bed at night with it under my pillow. I remember waking my big brother up around 2:00 a.m. one night to tell him that they were playing the newest Beatles single, "Eleanor Rigby." SO cool! To have grown up with all this wonderful music happening in real time, especially through the 60's and 70's, was more than I could have asked for! (And I realize that the music of other eras was great as well.)

2) I have a Camera function here on my laptop, with a video option. When I make a video, it is then "saved" in the Photos section. So, if I ever wanted to post a video here, would I simply begin a new thread and then "attach" or "insert" the video? THANKS!
Hey, Bill! Just to respond to your question in number 2, I usually upload videos to YouTube, then when I want to post it here, I start a thread and press the button that says "media" and copy the YouTube URL there. I see another button for photos, but I don't know if that includes videos coming straight from your laptop. If that doesn't work, you might try the "attach files" button at the bottom left of the screen.

Nailed it again John. An all time favorite in our age bracket. Loved the backup guys down at the bottom of the screen. Those guys were great! You could pick up a few vocal tips from them two. 😁 Sincerely appreciate your talent and willingness to share with us.
Thanks, Joe! I enjoy doing post-production work on my videos, so I really don't mind spending the extra time adding backing vocals, harmony, and stuff. Having fun with it and so many great songs to choose from the '60s and '70s!

Hey, Bill! Just to respond to your question in number 2, I usually upload videos to YouTube, then when I want to post it here, I start a thread and press the button that says "media" and copy the YouTube URL there. I see another button for photos, but I don't know if that includes videos coming straight from your laptop. If that doesn't work, you might try the "attach files" button at the bottom left of the screen.
Thank you, John, that is very helpful! I didn't realize until yesterday evening that, as a Gmail user, I actually have a YouTube account (which I've never used). So, if I should happen to make a little video soon, I'll plan to upload it to YouTube and then follow the procedure you've outlined. THANKS! (Edit: It appears that videos coming straight from my laptop aren't able to be posted here, as they don't bear a compatible "extension", if I'm using that term correctly!)

Thank you, John, that is very helpful! I didn't realize until yesterday evening that, as a Gmail user, I actually have a YouTube account (which I've never used). So, if I should happen to make a little video soon, I'll plan to upload it to YouTube and then follow the procedure you've outlined. THANKS! (Edit: It appears that videos coming straight from my laptop aren't able to be posted here, as they don't bear a compatible "extension", if I'm using that term correctly!)
I hope you'll give YouTubing a try! I'd love to see your interpretations of your favorite songs! :)

Top Bottom