Get Ready (Rare Earth)

Hope you like my rendition of this 1970 hit by Rare Earth.

Very nice - sounded quite like the Temptations version. from 1966... But then, so did Rare Earth's.

(Strange when I realize the first version of "River Deep, Mountain High" I ever heard was by Eric Burden and the Animals; So many Soul Classics I first heard done by British Bands...)

Another classic from John's vault...well done. Love the production with the backup vocals.
Thanks, John! This is one song where you absolutely gotta include the backup vocals! :)

Great job, John! Your rendition has a really nice, bouncy feel to it! I think you just gave me an idea for the next tune my guitar "duo" buddy and I might tackle!
Thanks, Bill! I look forward to seeing it. Do you post your videos in the guitar section?

Very nice - sounded quite like the Temptations version. from 1966... But then, so did Rare Earth's.

(Strange when I realize the first version of "River Deep, Mountain High" I ever heard was by Eric Burden and the Animals; So many Soul Classics I first heard done by British Bands...)
Thanks, Kurt! I'm partial to the Rare Earth version since that's the one I heard first, but I love the Temptations!

Another first-rate performance thanks for sharing. Although, now not only do I try to emulate the playing, but I play it one extra time foe the visuals. Do you need to set up a go fund me page to pay for the backup singers, they 're great.

Another first-rate performance thanks for sharing. Although, now not only do I try to emulate the playing, but I play it one extra time foe the visuals. Do you need to set up a go fund me page to pay for the backup singers, they 're great.
Thanks, plunker! I really appreciate it! :)

I grew up with two older brothers. My oldest brother listened to Rare Earth and my other brother listened to the Temptations. Best of both worlds! Great version, John.

Actually, I haven't done any video postings yet! I'm a little on the shy side when it comes to that, I admit!
I remember getting nervous the first time I sat in front of the camera and I wanted to turn off the camera after every little imperfection, so I think the first one is the hardest. You can do it! :)

I grew up with two older brothers. My oldest brother listened to Rare Earth and my other brother listened to the Temptations. Best of both worlds! Great version, John.
Thanks, Bill! I know what you mean about the benefits of having older brothers. My three older brothers graduated from high school in '65, '67, and '69, so thanks to them I heard a lot of music throughout the '60s. :)

Actually, I haven't done any video postings yet! I'm a little on the shy side when it comes to that, I admit!
I know the feeling, haven't posted anything yet, but I know the members here are gracious and supportive. No downside except what we make between our ears. All this reminds me, many years ago I had the chance to play with Jaco Pastorius .. Me my brother and him., I was so outclassed I could not wait to pack up and leave. He was kind gracious and did not make me feel inferior or anything like that I probably passed up a great learning opportunity by listening to my head and my fractured ego.

Thanks, Bill! I know what you mean about the benefits of having older brothers. My three older brothers graduated from high school in '65, '67, and '69, so thanks to them I heard a lot of music throughout the '60s. :)
Thanks for the encouraging thoughts guys, and sorry to have hijacked this thread! But if you'll allow me, maybe I can make an observation, and also ask a quick question (which probably belongs in the tech-support threads, so please forgive):

1) I consider myself so lucky. I was born in 1953, with a love of music in my constitution. By the time I turned 7, in 1960, my ears were perked up and I was right in the thick of all the "newer" music and artists then (and going forward) becoming more and more well-known: the Everly Brothers, Elvis, Paul Anka, Chuck Berry, the Beatles, the Association, the Young Rascals, the Temptations, the Four Tops, the Supremes, America, the Moody Blues, Chicago, the Doobie Brothers, Jose Feliciano, James Taylor, John Denver, Jim Croce, Gordon Lightfoot, the Jackson Five, and on and on and on. I always carried my little transistor radio around so I could listen to the local AM station and hopefully hear my favorite songs. I'd go to bed at night with it under my pillow. I remember waking my big brother up around 2:00 a.m. one night to tell him that they were playing the newest Beatles single, "Eleanor Rigby." SO cool! To have grown up with all this wonderful music happening in real time, especially through the 60's and 70's, was more than I could have asked for! (And I realize that the music of other eras was great as well.)

2) I have a Camera function here on my laptop, with a video option. When I make a video, it is then "saved" in the Photos section. So, if I ever wanted to post a video here, would I simply begin a new thread and then "attach" or "insert" the video? THANKS!

I know the feeling, haven't posted anything yet, but I know the members here are gracious and supportive. No downside except what we make between our ears. All this reminds me, many years ago I had the chance to play with Jaco Pastorius .. Me my brother and him., I was so outclassed I could not wait to pack up and leave. He was kind gracious and did not make me feel inferior or anything like that I probably passed up a great learning opportunity by listening to my head and my fractured ego.
Cool story, Plunker! I'm sure you did great!

Nailed it again John. An all time favorite in our age bracket. Loved the backup guys down at the bottom of the screen. Those guys were great! You could pick up a few vocal tips from them two. 😁 Sincerely appreciate your talent and willingness to share with us.

Bill S., you pretty much describe my childhood also, except I was the oldest brother. You are right about what great music we grew up with. There was always music in our house growing up and I was raised on my parents music of the 30's and 40's. Once I was old enough to own a crystal radio and then a transistor, I enjoyed the 50's on up. Think of the fantastic artists that recorded during that span. Very fortunate.

Top Bottom