getting this ukulele tattoo today!!

PofS, curious: the tree, up in the leaves, appears to have an open spot in the center (between your shoulder blades). What will you put there?

My artist left that space on purpose... I'm pretty sure whatever he does with the shading there will be awesome! Hopefully he refrains from including something phallic... My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend ;-). But he's a total professional and we 're good friends now, lol...

How quickly things go to pot on this forum.... Lol

Yep! Half the fun, as they say. I'm quite proud of myself for not posting anything about the thought that came to mind for a large front tattoo of a double-puka ukulele...er, oops, I just did, didn't I... :)

John

My artist left that space on purpose... I'm pretty sure whatever he does with the shading there will be awesome! Hopefully he refrains from including something phallic... My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend ;-). But he's a total professional and we 're good friends now, lol...

I see, I see. Nice! It's really lovely. Phallic--too funny!

(PS Pray that he's not going to put his own name in there, or some subliminal message in the leaves. Ex-boyfriends are known for that sort of grudge-ish behavior. lol)

My artist also happens to be my ex-boyfriend

WOW, you have more trust than I would in an ex that using a powered needle to embed ink into my skin.

You must have lots of good karma due to you for that much trust to be within you, I'd be too afraid of 'oops, oh s*t, nah it aint THAT bad looking' happening to what is already there so far...it would be an easy way for the ex to inflict one last revenge.

Penguinofsorts...you are VERY brave -- very BRAVE indeed!

I love it...but it would be no good for me. Between the ages of 10 yrs to 80 yrs I've changed my allegiance from Cornet, Drums, Clarinet, Trumpet, Clarinet again, Guitar, and finally the Uke. The only consistent thing is that there must be a musician (albeit, not very talented) inside me, struggling to get out. Perhaps a tree with clefs and notes hanging as fruit might be a more flexible design for me.

The average adult person has about 22 square feet of skin...just sayin'...

New photo from yesterday's 3 hour color session on page 1!! I have an 8 hour session planned for next Thursday. :)

Wow, that looks really nice and special! Wild yet artistic!

That had to hurt on the foot / ankle . . .

I know a guy who had his big toenails removed and a line tattoo'd in each nail bed and then the toenails put back. Absolutely true. Why? Because he decided to get a few tattoo's in the most painful places to help him deal with the loss of his father. I think the other locations were shin and ankle, but I was so traumatized by seeing his toe and hearing the story, the rest is a blur. I guess we all have our ways of dealing with things...

Oh wow, that is SUCH a gorgeous tattoo!!!

I love the way it looks now already - of course it will get even better but just like this it is already completey wonderful!

I have two (much smaller) tattoos myself; have had them for over 20 years now, and I'm a woman too, and have never regretted them.
I am considering having the second one, which is really small and modest, expanded; I already know what I want, but money is tight at the moment.

And lately I have been considering a uke/music tattoo, and I have always loved the tree of life motif, so it is thrilling to see yours!

Congratulations. It is SO beautiful, very happy-making!

Last edited:
Had a 7 hour session on Thursday, and I'm still sore, lol! Next time we'll finish the branches and start on the colorful foliage!

Thanks for all of your support :) I'm loving the progress! BTW, the truck is actually a lot darker than it looks in this picture. We were debating on the color of the uke, and I really like the color he used. He will add wood grain type details to the uke in the future.

QUESTION: I'm considering NOT putting strings on the uke. Thoughts?? I don't want them to become the main focus of the tattoo...

ukulele tattoo 3.jpg

Looking great. I really look forward to these updates from you. It's your back but I don't think strings would detract from the overall look
Cliff

Still more beautiful!

Yes, I can see it without strings; that way, it feels a bit more organic, like it's still part of the tree, still growing.
Visible strings would make the uke more seperate, more defined.

Plus, maybe it has clear strings? ;)

Top Bottom