getting this ukulele tattoo today!!

-I- for one, did a lot of tattoo research when trying to decide what to get... I knew that I wanted a uke and a tree incorporated... There are a lot of interesting guitar/tree tattoos, but most of them focus too much (IMO) on the instrument... But, to each, his own! I didn't see a ton of uke tattoos, but the trend seems to be growing!

image.jpg

It's basically finished now, we have another session planned to brighten up the yellows, touch up and also add a bit of blue sky :)

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not even into ink but that is absolutely fantastic. Great theme/idea and very well executed. Your tattooist is going to be dragging you around to whatever conventions they have to show that, for sure! :)

John

EDIT - session 1 pic on page 4!!

Hey guys! So I'm taking the plunge and after a few years of loosely thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo and about a year of seriously thinking about getting a GOOD one, I'm getting my first tattoo today! I know the artist personally and he's amazing! This is the sketch that he's worked up from my idea (this was when it was not quite finished). And it's going to be LARGE...you can see the neckline and the lower back/butt markers on the drawing. Anyway. I'm pretty excited about it. This will probably take several sessions, and the leaves will go from green/spring on the left, to fall colors in the middle, to bare branches and then a few green leaves on the right to signify renewing of life/the cycle.

This tattoo will have so much meaning to me. The ukulele, even though I'm not the best player, is a huge part of my life. I find myself coming back to it over and over, especially in times of difficulty or joy...or anytime, really, and I'd like to always remember that...when times get hard, grab the ukulele! For me, learning to play the ukulele was kind of a turning point in my life... I kind of came into my own and became able to express myself, and just put myself out there...

Anyway, so the tree/indication of seasons renewing/ukulele kind of all ties in for me!!!

Here's the pic!
View attachment 64297

View attachment 65293

View attachment 65663
View attachment 66214
View attachment 66664

SEE PAGE 11 for most recent pics!!! Only allowed 5 per post.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ink_prod/photos/0129/7253/tat_large.jpg

my ukulele related tattoo is a stick figure my brother drew of me when he was a little kid (well he still is we are 20 year's apart) i think he about 6 when he did this maybe younger.
Anyway he drew a picture of me playing a uke, a lot of people either thing it's funny or cute. I don't care it reminds me of my family since i don't see them often.

Nice tattoo btw.

Here it is finished and healed and all that jazz :). I love it!! image.jpg. It took something like 38 hours total...

image.jpg

Last edited:
you could get pierced with the strings....lol.....nice Tattoo tho

Beware of Murphy's Law. Now that you've spent all that time, money and pain on such a beautiful tattoo, you will suddenly get this tremendous urge to give up the uke and take up banjo. :rolleyes:

I hope Murphy was wrong. It is a nice tat.

Thanks everyone!! I really do love it. It's more than I could have imagined that it would be!! And as far as possibly not playing uke in the future, that's possible, I suppose, but i still will HAVE played the uke for at least 5 years, and it still WILL have impacted my life in the way that I tried to portray in the tattoo... So it really wouldn't matter :). No need to make the uke into a banjo or a baby foot print... Lol

Top Bottom