GNUF UU Get Together?

Lalz

Hiya fellow ukers!

Getting ready for the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival in Huddersfield UK this weekend!

Who else is going? Shall we have a UU meet up on Friday at Krabbers performance? It's at The Keys Restaurant and Coffee House at 7-9pm (free for ticket holders, 5 quid for others).

Next event on that evening is the pub jam at the Head of Steam from 8pm.

Let's meet up! :)

YorkSteve

I'm not a staff member really...
Staff member
UU VIP
I won't be arriving until Saturday morning, but after that, I am around both days. Definitely in the Head of Steam on Saturday night.

maryagn3s

I'll be there (obviously) running around quite a bit.
Mim will be there.
UncleElvis will be there too.

There's a great courtyard at the theatre and Mim is hosting an open mic there in the afternoon. Could be another place to meet up?
:)

YorkSteve

Staff member
UU VIP
There's a great courtyard at the theatre and Mim is hosting an open mic there in the afternoon. Could be another place to meet up?
:)
Sounds good to me. How will we know each other - all wear red carnations or carry the Financial Times?

Lalz

Ha! Good point. I have no idea! Nametags with UU usernames perhaps? haha :)

Which afternoon is Mim's open mic on? Friday? At what time is it? I'm arriving at 2pm and will have a few hours to kill before I can drop my bags off at my friend's house, so this sounds perfect!

YorkSteve

Staff member
UU VIP
Saturday & Sunday I think...pretty sure nothing official is happening until Friday night.

Lalz

Ha! Great t-shirt! Love it! I might be wearing one that says "Ukulele Hero" hehe

Ok let's gather around Mim then, we'll all find one another :)

YorkSteve

Staff member
UU VIP
Wish I'd seen that t-shirt before now. I would have been wearing one too. I do have one with George Formby's grinning face on it, and the slogan "turned out crap again!", but I think I might get beaten up.

ukulelego

Ah yeah sorry, if I'd pulled my finger out I'd have sorted it a few weeks before. It was touch and go whether mine would arrive in time. Still the Formby one is funny, you're probably right to play it safe though!