GoFundMe-Ukulele Kids Club

BigDaddyUker

Reaction score
Rusty's season reminded me about firsts, especially the first time I played my first song on the ukulele and how joyful that was. That of course started me to wondering how it would be to receive a ukulele say...in a hospital???

i decide to sell most of my ukuleles. I am keeping 1 in each size. I am not selling them for money, rather selling them for donations to my GoFundMe project. I will list the ukulele, suggest a donation amount, and if somebody donates that and wants the ukulele, I will pay to ship it to them. Free of charge. They even get the tax deduction for the donation.

In the mean time, the project is up and accepting donations. The project has received about 1200 so far. About $1180 has been dispersed to The Ukulele Kids Club and has helped to secure 400 Ukes going out before Christmas to kids in hospitals across the US.

Thank you to those who have donated. Mucho love. I of course would love to see everyone kick in the cold hard cash but if nothing else please just share and spread the word.

Here is the link: TheUkuleleKidsClub

Also, I will be donating my brand new Mya Moe. Looking for a creative way to raffle or auction it off. If you have any ideas let me know.

I will be listing the ukuleles later this week. If anybody is looking for something let me know.

To learn more about The Ukulele Kids Club you can watch this video...

Much love,

BDU

Last edited:
Good for you David. I am always touched by the big hearts we have here in the seasons. Can we get a sneak peek of what your adopting out?

Good for you David. I am always touched by the big hearts we have here in the seasons. Can we get a sneak peek of what your adopting out?

I will post pictures but off the top of my head...

Oscar Schmidt Spalted Mango Tenor
Oscar Schmidt Spalted Maple Tenor Accoustic/Electric
Lanikai Tenor Accoustic Electirc (I can't think of the wood...nothing exotic)
FireFly Concert Banjolele (brand new)
Mainland Uke Concert Red Cedar Top (brand new)
Kala Soprano Traveler Series
MyaMoe #1698 but before anybody jumps. This is the one I am looking to raffle because given the right environment and people and Christmas spirit, I think my $2500 initial cost could pull 5K or more.

I think there are a couple more...I just can't think. I will post some pictures coming up.

wow BDU that is an amazing thing you are doing

Im telling you BEV, I have spent 90 days this year in the hospital and the uke saved me. With everything going on with Rex, the focus was a uke that he can play at treatment. I started looking for somewhere to just donate everything to and a buddy mine said call Corey at the ukulele kids club. One thing led to another, saw some kids and it was a done deal.

They send out identical ukes. The have the cost down to $40. The kids get lessons with music therapists and they take the uke home with them. I cry everytime I look at their faces...you can just absolutely see the joy. I want to be part of that.

David, I have been looking at this project on several different sites and web pages. The project is a wonderful and in keeping with your generous spirit. Ukulele is a hospital situation is a win-win situation for the afflicted, the staff and other patients. You are to be commended.

12074756_840683936044164_5002413643331623948_n.jpg

First Ukulele post in Ukulele Market place on Facebook.

Here are the details.

This is a brand new OU Brown Bottle Tenor. It is still in the box. Here is the deal. I am selling for $150, but not for cash, but for a $150 donation to my gofundme project supporting The Ukulele Kids Club. This is exactly what it cost me from OU.

You get a brand new OU Ukulele, a tax deduction for the donation and I will pay to ship the ukulele to you (Domestic Only).

Here is a link for the ukulele from the OU webpage.

OUTDOOR UKULELE

Here is the link to the gofundme project.

The UKC

There are no strings attached. No gimmick. No nothing. I am selling all my ukuleles for donations and I am paying the shipping. You get the uke and the tax deduction.

PM me if interested. I can take a picture of the box and open it if you prefer. I pulled it off the porch and put it aside.

Very Very cool Ukulele David! Im assuming you've never even played this.....at all?

Very Very cool Ukulele David! Im assuming you've never even played this.....at all?

I received it 11/9. No sense taking it out because I've already picked my tenor and 4 kids will get Ukes from its sale. So exciting. They have already started the ordering. Ukes will start going out next week.

I intend to donate soon BigDaddy. I love this project.
I've thought about buying one of these and having on hand to give a way when the moment arises.
http://www.cloud-music.us/products/product_info/25

No worries brother. You got a lot on your plate. This all triggered for me when I bought a Kala Dolphin out of the blue (except it was purple) for the daughter of one of my employees. We had talked about the fact that she wanted one several times and I thought it was time. To see the joy that the ukulele brought was overwhelming.

It started me thinking back to when I started to play. Just the pure joy and fun and everything that it brought me. Then a buddy Tom Krohg mentioned The UKC and it was over for me. I knew exactly what I needed to do. I posted the OU Ukulele on Ukulele Marketplace and got a PM from a guy 10 mins later, but I think he thinks I am going to take a for a ride somehow.

In my mind its no different than paying me. You pay them, I ship you a uke. We will see if he buys it.

Much love brother!

Is this over BDU? Ive been waiting to see what your Ukes are before I decide how much to fund. I hope I didn't miss anything?

Now that I think of it I haven't seen you lately. Is everything ok with you ?

Top Bottom