Greetings from a rain swept Lancashire

CJY

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this forum, I’m a newbie to the Uke world but have been emptying my wallet and am now the proud owner of 3 ukes already !

Just stumbled across this forum, I’m a newbie to the Uke world but have been emptying my wallet and am now the proud owner of 3 ukes already !
Awesome! Welcome to the UU Forum. Glad you tripped and landed here. Enjoy your new ukes.

Reactions: CJY
Welcome to UU CJY and a big hello from Chicago!

Welcome, CIY. Can you detail your new ukes?

I'm new too and have acquired a couple of $250ish Kalas and now a very nice Koaloha KTM-00.

Jim

Welcome from rain swept Derbyshire!

And a hearty welcome from sunny Shropshire! If you're looking for support in your fight against Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome, this is not the place to seek it.

Welcome, CIY. Can you detail your new ukes?

I'm new too and have acquired a couple of $250ish Kalas and now a very nice Koaloha KTM-00.

Jim
Hi Jim
- my first was a Brunswick mahogany concer then I progressed to a Uma cutaway spruce Tenor and have just bought a Kala resonator with the brass finished cone.

looking at another Uma for Christmas- a small bodied tenor - it has a concert body with a tenor neck . Uma’s are a great value instrument and sound great - really bright and lively.

And a hearty welcome from sunny Shropshire! If you're looking for support in your fight against Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome, this is not the place to seek it.
Hi John, yes, I have a similar affliction with camera gear as well !

Welcome to UU. Can we have some of your rain in California?

Welcome to UU from wind swept Durham, Jim!

Hi John, yes, I have a similar affliction with camera gear as well !
Hi CJY Welcome to the UU Forum. I was saved from my photography affliction when it all went digital. I sold most of my film-based stuff for pennies on the dollar. Bought the bare necessities for a camera. Upgraded twice as the resolution got better and better.

But I found that 1) I like photos of people in memory shots. 2) I didn't want to lug an SLR and a bunch of lenses around—or even a compact dedicated camera. My phone satisfies 99% of my needs.

Hi CJY Welcome to the UU Forum. I was saved from my photography affliction when it all went digital. I sold most of my film-based stuff for pennies on the dollar. Bought the bare necessities for a camera. Upgraded twice as the resolution got better and better.

But I found that 1) I like photos of people in memory shots. 2) I didn't want to lug an SLR and a bunch of lenses around—or even a compact dedicated camera. My phone satisfies 99% of my needs.
Hi Kenn, I went digital around 23 years ago and eventually sold off most of my film kit but kept a body and a couple of lenses back. I’m now down the mirror less route. I take the odd snap with my iPhone but I still prefer to use a dedicated camera for most of my ‘serious’ images.

just sold a camera body to finance the Kala resonator !

Top Bottom