Greetings from Okinawa

okirob

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an American living in Okinawa, Japan (23+ years now)

I'm fairly new to the ukulele. I sometimes pick up a 'Learn-to-play' uke that I bought my daughter a few years back. A recent trip to Hawaii, and some impromptu lessons from a friend there, has renewed my interest...

I joined initially to peruse the marketplace forums to find a good deal on a used uke, but I now see that you have a healthy community here. I will def be spamming up the forums with lots of questions.

Thanks for having me!

Regards,
Rob

Welcome to the UU Forum Rob. There seems to be a very strong interest in ukuleles in Japan. It's great that you make it back to Hawaii. Great place to find some terrific ukes.

Welcome to the UU Forum Rob. There seems to be a very strong interest in ukuleles in Japan. It's great that you make it back to Hawaii. Great place to find some terrific ukes.
Thanks! Yes, I will def be on the lookout for nice ukes when I next visit. :)

Welcome Rob! Do you have a Uke yet?
Thank you! Yes, we have three ukes in the house now. My wife and I are learning together, and we're trying our best to get our daughter to take an interest.

Hey Rob, I am on Okinawa too. 35 years. Give me a shout sometime, we can talk Ukes. 080 6499 5581

Top Bottom