Gretsch G9112 Resonator - REVIEW

mjh42

UU VIP
UU VIP
Thanks for the Review.
Well there is the Kala, the Gold Tone, the Sound Smith, Bondi, and Gretsch making wood bodied resonators in a similar price range. I've heard all of them either in person or on line except the Bondi which I just found online today. Perhaps there are one or two brands I've missed.

I had a Gold Tone for about 4 months or so. I found the sound a bit dull and wanting at the time. Like the sound of the Gretsch better.

Really couldn't justify the price of a National and kept my eye open for a used Beltona, passed on one posted here, the yellow and black color combo I don't think I would have been happy with.

Finally found a Pohaku Resonator. Of course being luthier hand made the cost was more that the ones listed earlier. It's maple, a little on the heavy side, but it sounds great and packs a resonator punch.

My ukulele friend on the west coast has had a Gretsch resonator for a while now, he has been happy with it.

bazmaz

Not tried the Bondi, but hoping to get hold of the Gold Tone for review. I think this easily beats the Kala, but is probably on a par with the Sound Smith.

Hand made resonators are something else though. Loved the Beltona I reviewed.

M3Ukulele

Republic guitars imported out of Austin Texas have a metal body, concert resonator ukulele. I’ve never played!
in my neck of the woods it’s hard to find ukuleles let alone resonators! Nice review!