Guess I'm in a pissy mood about typing aNueNue.

kohanmike

UU VIP
I guess I'm in a really pissy mood about the typing of aNueNue, is it really that difficult to type the name properly? Not Anuenue, not anuenue, it's aNueNue (ah-nu-eh-nu-eh). Must be from the heart burn I've had since lunch after that lengua burrito.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:

rainbow21

I gnu a new with a knew aNueNue...

You are right... it is not that hard to type.

Brad Bordessa

This seems like a poor branding choice on their part. You shouldn't have to work to get the internal capitalization of the name right for it to be recognizable (or satisfying). I imagine the misspellings that bother you are less "difficult" and more "didn't realize."

To me, the ukulele maker is obviously (or so I thought) named after the Hawaiian word. I would never in a million years have considered capitalizing the "N"s. In fact until you pointed it out I hadn't registered that it wasn't just "Anuenue". Huh. Poor branding.

I gnu a new with a knew aNueNue...

Papa Gnu came home from work and mama Gnu complained that Junior had misbehaved. I need you to discipline him!

I’m sorry, he replied, you are going to have to paddle your own gun.

Bye, bye

Dohle

This seems like a poor branding choice on their part. You shouldn't have to work to get the internal capitalization of the name right for it to be recognizable (or satisfying). I imagine the misspellings that bother you are less "difficult" and more "didn't realize."

To me, the ukulele maker is obviously (or so I thought) named after the Hawaiian word. I would never in a million years have considered capitalizing the "N"s. In fact until you pointed it out I hadn't registered that it wasn't just "Anuenue". Huh. Poor branding.

I completely disagree. The fact that the spelling of their name comes up every now and again tells me that their branding is spot on. The name makes to brand distinct. Whether they get some animosity directed towards them because the spelling is another matter. :D

ripock

This is peculiar. Knowing Mike as I do, I naturally would have assumed his hackles would have been raised by the inappropriate capitalizations rather than by person's non-adherence to a somewhat arbitrary shifting between miniscule and majuscule letters. I have never alluded to the brand in question, but I do have to admit that I type Koolau because this forum doesn't allow extended character sets.

kohanmike

UU VIP
Today for my only meal, a late lunch, I'm going to an All-You-Can-Eat Asian place. We'll see what it makes me rile against later on.

man0a

In Hawaiian, the word is spelled "ānuenue". Let's see you try to type that in this forum.

kohanmike

UU VIP
In Hawaiian, the word is spelled "ānuenue". Let's see you try to type that in this forum.

ānuenue, ānuenue, ānuenue (Had to look it up online for Mac, hold down the A key and a menu will show to choose which accent to use, or while holding the key, also touch the number for that accent.)

A accent choice.png