Sold Hamano H-100 soprano for sale *** price drop #4 ***

Price
Shipping
£10
Size
Soprano

theabsurdman

Reaction score
This is rated as one of the best Chinese Martin-style sopranos ever produced, in solid mahogany, with high quality friction tuners and a low action; no longer available new (unless I'm mistaken). This retailed for over £300 when new - will accept £200.

IMG_20221008_154802.jpg

Watch the "Got A Ukulele" video review below by Barry Maz for more details.

In excellent condition all around save for a couple of superficial rubs to the matt finish which can be easily buffed out to a high gloss, also explained by Barry in the link below.

Barry Maz review

Photos of my Hamano:

Last edited:
I remember hearing a lot of good things about these a number of years ago. Most people were very impressed with the build and sound.

Hi, I'm based in Worthing, W. Sussex but I get up to London from time to time. Looking for offers over £200. They retailed for over £300 when new. Might be worth more than that now. We shall see!
Please set a price that you are willing to sell for. It's just part of the rules of the Ukulele Underground Marketplace. Thank you so much for understanding!

Please set a price that you are willing to sell for. It's just part of the rules of the Ukulele Underground Marketplace. Thank you so much for understanding!
No worries, I wasn't aware of that rule. Let's say £200.

Last edited:
Price drop: I will now accept £200 (ONO)

Last edited:
Price drop #3: I will now accept £170 - this is a steal for a uke of this quality/ scarcity! See Barry Maz review in the OP.

I’m actually trying to sell most of my ukulele collection, but I’m keeping my Hamano H-100. I love it, they are excellent sopranos. That’s a good deal for a great and somewhat rare uke! Good luck.
When i first started learning about ukuleles I fell in love with the Hamano 100 but indeed they are hard to find in the U.S. Just a cool little no nonsense uke.
GLWTS!

When i first started learning about ukuleles I fell in love with the Hamano 100 but indeed they are hard to find in the U.S. Just a cool little no nonsense uke.
GLWTS!
I seriously love mine. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s the nicest feeling ukulele I’ve played. Someone should definitely buy this. They won’t regret it.

I think I might just keep it.
Just an observation which I hope will be helpful. To me the current price is not clear in that the header at the top of the thread (still) says £200.

I wish you well with the sale, eventually some lucky person will get a bargain.

If it’s of help or interest to anyone then I believe that this same instrument is listed on (UK) eBay too, at a higher price but the seller will have eBay fees to cover.

I feel your frustration- the price is getting depressingly low for such a nice uke. If this were in the U.S. I think it would be long gone (same for the Mainland).
I've wanted a Hamano soprano forever- if this were in the U.S I would have purchased it the day it went it!

Last edited:
Hi no worries, sent a few messages. No response, I'm all sorted now, found one on Reverb Uk.

This is rated as one of the best Chinese Martin-style sopranos ever produced, in solid mahogany, with high quality friction tuners and a low action; no longer available new (unless I'm mistaken). This retailed for over £300 when new - will accept £200.

View attachment 144802

Watch the "Got A Ukulele" video review below by Barry Maz for more details.

In excellent condition all around save for a couple of superficial rubs to the matt finish which can be easily buffed out to a high gloss, also explained by Barry in the link below.

Barry Maz review

Photos of my Hamano:
Is this still for sale?

Top Bottom