Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill Sheehan

Happy Thanksgiving to all! One of the things I'm thankful for is the wonderful and diverse group of friends on this Forum, and the fun we have talking about the countless aspects of our beloved little instrument! Everyone have a great day!

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Happy Thanksgiving to all! One of the things I'm thankful for is the wonderful and diverse group of friends on this Forum, and the fun we have talking about the countless aspects of our beloved little instrument! Everyone have a great day!
Grandma's cooking pies. Turkey goes in next. Yum! (I made coffee.)

Parade on.

Sound off.

Can't wait for the Dog Show afterwards! :)

WebParrot (s2)

UU VIP
UU VIP
We had to postpone till Saturday. Too many people sick. No Covid (yet?) though. The food will be just as good on Saturday
Empathize completely. Our family blends ages, 3, 12, 30's, 40's, 50's and 70's. Seems we're all susceptible to a range of ailments making the timing of gathering complicated : - ). This holiday....? So far so good!

Wishes of Happy, health, and safety to everyone. Stay in tune.
s2

Tom51251

Happy Thanks Giving, Bill. I’m with you, the ukulele forum is a wonderful family.

Last edited:

Joyful Uke

Wishing you all a peaceful day.
I'm definitely thankful that I found this forum, and my ukuleles.

We'll be watching the dog show, too. I always root for the various retrievers, Great Dane, and doberman, and they never win, except in my household.

But, first, I have to listen to Alice's Restaurant. Holiday tradition.

Joyful Uke

We had to postpone till Saturday. Too many people sick. No Covid (yet?) though. The food will be just as good on Saturday
Covid is running wild in my area. Several people I know have tested positive in the last week or 2, even though some of them have been very careful.

Hope you all will be well and able to celebrate this weekend.

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
Happy bird day to all. I too am very grateful for this forum. A couple of weeks ago I was invited to my cousins about a 35 minute freeway drive. Then last Friday he called that his wife was walking their very large German Shepard in the nearby hills, stumbled when the dog pulled hard and mashed her cheek and nose, no Thanksgiving there. So I went over to Whole Foods and bought a 12 pound turkey and stuffing fixings for myself.

Then Saturday morning, my twin brother, who lives downstairs in our apartment building, told me that his in-laws cancelled their dinner and decided to make it themselves. I'm actually very happy I don't have to drive now. I said I'm making the vertical roast turkey and vegan stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy (his younger son's family of 5 are vegan) and vegan pumpkin cream cheese pie topped with candied pecans. His older son and wife are bringing vegan Mexican, including tamales (looking forward to those), all of which makes my twin's wife is very happy she doesn't have to do anything.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:

Arcy

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're doing small this year out of an abundance of caution. My parents have a big trip (Antarctica!) planned in a few weeks, so they are being very cautious not to get sick before then.

I just finished rolling out the pie crust and am letting it chill before filling it. Fun fact: Alice's Restaurant is just the right amount of time for the crust to chill between rolling and docking.

About to go get the grill set up for the turkey. Dressing and gravy and pastries were all finished yesterday.

Mike $

Happy Thanksgiving all. I hope no one has to work for the evil companies that make people work late tonight so they can make every single last penny from the Black Friday hype. I am boycotting any Black Friday event in hopes in the future, more and more people can enjoy a well-deserved 4-day weekend, like they should.

bbkobabe

Happy Thanksgiving Day, all!

Thankful for this forum, where we can talk ukuleles and ignore the rest of this crazy world...

It's veggie and vegan here too, although I think someone is roasting a chicken as our token poultry...

I spent some of my time off this week lining up for a flu shot and a Covid booster... over 30% of the students at my school were out sick last week. It's going to be a gnarly... vax up and mask up is my advice... and avoid the stores. We call Black Friday "Buy Nothing Day" at my house...

Skip the shopping and enjoy being with your loved ones... We never know what the future brings... Be happy today!

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
The flu is ramping up around here. Along with the latest variant of COVID. (With headaches and a terrible sore throat that lasts 3 days or more.)

Simple pleasures. My wife is working in another state, my friends have COVID or the flu. I'm sitting here relaxing, eating my turkey sandwich with orange/cranberry salad on the side. Listening to Arlo, and remembering the movie.

Looking forward to my wedge of pecan pie. Deciding, whipped cream or ice cream on top?

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.