Has anyone done a uke flash mob?

Flash mob- best thing ever...
UKE FLASH MOB=STUPENDOUS!!!!
Totally in, but the tune has to be something totally unexpected- Iron Maiden or something :)

Not yet. After seeing a similar video I wanted to do uke flash mob Christmas caroling at my local grocery store, but I don't think my uke buddies and I were quite ready for it. Maybe *next* holiday season.

As a matter of fact, we have one planned for Friday, August 12, 2011 at the Oxbow Public Market in Napa, California, and we are looking for mobsters. King Kukulele will be leading it, but we haven't heard what song or key yet. But if you're interested in joining us you should subscribe to the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers blog, 'cuz that's where we'll be posting the info.

Here's the "public" information on the event:

Oxbow Market and Judd's Hill Winery present

Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow​

King Kukulele to Perform on Friday, August 12, 2011, Oxbow Public Market in Downtown Napa

Proceeds to Benefit the Napa Valley Youth Symphony

July 25, 2011, Napa Valley, CA -- Judd and Holly Finkelstein of Judd's Hill Winery, along with Oxbow Public Market present "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow", a special polynesian evening on Friday, August 12th, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the popular public market in downtown, Napa, CA. The evening includes a special appearance and performance on the Oxbow River Deck by the incomparable King Kukulele, polynesian themed specials offered by Oxbow merchants, a raffle for a performance quality ukulele provided by the Wine Country 'Ukelele Festival, vintage beach and polynesian clothing for sale, and other exciting surprises during this inaugural polynesian evening event at Oxbow Public Market. Proceeds from "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow" will benefit the Napa Valley Youth Symphony and their upcoming trip to eastern Europe in 2012.

Admission to the family-friendly "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow" is FREE. For more information or to learn more about Oxbow Public Market, please visit www.oxbowpublicmarket.com.

Flash mob- best thing ever...
UKE FLASH MOB=STUPENDOUS!!!!
Totally in, but the tune has to be something totally unexpected- Iron Maiden or something :)

Then we should just smash up are ukes on the floor when we're done for a big finale.

Just saw this thread... there was one at the Scotts Valley, CA "Hop and Barley" festival. People wandering around then (at 3:20 in the video) UKE FLASH MOB!!! Hahaha...

Sadly I was there and left just 30 minutes before this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt-cHxkJtQM

The SE Ukers have discussed doing the Traveling Wilbury's 'End of the Line' at the last stop on Atlanta's woefully inadequate subway system..... it would be fun if it actually happened.

I have to admit I just sat here watching You Tube videos of various 'flash mobs' for the last half hour, totally enthralled. I especially like the 'freeze flash' where a large group of people just freeze and stand immobile for 5 minutes, perplexing everyone who doesn't know what's going on. I'd heard the term but really had no idea.....

Top Bottom