Has the ability to close thread been disabled?

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I no longer see an option to close my own thread. has this function been disabled?
(I know there's a sticky thread about this, but no one reads it. I posted this question there and the previous 2 posts were from 2020 and 2016).

There are many features available to the administrators using XenForo for forums. I would think that Rayan and the crew are working on adding them. They already added Like and Report in the last few days. Give them time to get up to speed, I'm sure they have other responsibilities beside administering this forum.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

@kohanmike, I’m not criticizing anyone. I just wondered if I had missed an announcement about that function being phased out or if I was overlooking a button.
It’s strange that the option would go away while nothing is mentioned in the sticky thread at the top of this forum titled “Hey Everyone! You can close your own “For Sale” threads when your item sells now”.
I thought I might have missed a discussion about it, but couldn’t find one.

Being able to close/lock your own threads without having to have an administrator do it was fairly unique to the old forum.
Maybe they will find a way to do it on the new forum. Maybe they won't.

It looks like we can now edit titles of posts now, though, which is pretty cool.

What determines who can and can't? Just wondering what one can do, in addition to being a "VIP," to get the secret access codes...

Not sure, but it seems like something is wonky with VIP permissions specifically for now.

Yeah, right now if you *are* a VIP, there is a bunch of stuff you *can't* do that normal folks can.

I am sure they will get if fixed eventually, but right now being VIP comes with drawbacks...

I'll say it again, have patience, in time everything will be working. There's already a new feature, Like, that was not available in the old forum.

@kohanmike, I’m not criticizing anyone. I just wondered if I had missed an announcement about that function being phased out or if I was overlooking a button.
It’s strange that the option would go away while nothing is mentioned in the sticky thread at the top of this forum titled “Hey Everyone! You can close your own “For Sale” threads when your item sells now”.
I thought I might have missed a discussion about it, but couldn’t find one.
The option didn’t “go away” exactly. What happened is that the entire forum was moved to a new platform, in effect making it a whole new forum that may or may not have all of the same features as the old forum. It’s going to take some time (possibly months) for the admins to learn the ins and outs of this format and what it’s capable of.

Scooter

There’s no need to defend the forum (or the mods) on my behalf. I’ve been a member here since 2011 and a financial supporter for some time. In other words, I’m an advocate.
I’m just asking questions and seeking clarity because that’s what forums are for.

There’s no need to defend the forum (or the mods) on my behalf. I’ve been a member here since 2011 and a financial supporter for some time. In other words, I’m an advocate.
I’m just asking questions and seeking clarity because that’s what forums are for.
My apologies. From the tenor of your post, you seemed confused as to why the feature wasn’t working. I genuinely thought my reply offered clarity on the situation.

Scooter

Hi @Ukecaster,
Yes- I was referring to the marketplace threads specifically, thanks.
It appears that currently the features you describe are available to some members but not to all. It sounds like you’re one of the lucky ones. I can’t presently close a marketplace thread or edit the title, but I do look forward to these features when all the kinks are worked out!

Top Bottom