Health issues forces me to change my uke collection.

bbkobabe

I still love my Kala SSTU-T and I play it almost every day for the three years I've had it... In fact I was banging away at it last night at a back yard party...

It's also my teaching instrument when I'm with my middle school students. I love how I can tuck it under my arm and take another uke, hold it properly and tune it up at the same time! And it is LOUD and rises above the class even when all 20 of us are playing together.

I bought about $500 worth of ukes to let kids play and give away last school year... Sounds like getting ukuleles into kids hands is an affliction we share!

(A joyful one)

I'm drooling a bit over those Bruce Wei Arts ukes you have there... I'll let you know if UAS gets the better of me...

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
I'm drooling a bit over those Bruce Wei Arts ukes you have there... I'll let you know if UAS gets the better of me...
Thanks, but I'm not selling any of them, each will be raffled to my uke group of about 70 regular members with the poceeds going to The Ukulele Kids Club. In the past, the ukes I've raffled to my group gets from $500 to $700 each in raffle tickets, much more than if I sold them outright.

bbkobabe

(I deleted my original post inadvertently, sorry to all for the nice replies I received.)
I have nerve damage to my neck and shoulders from radiation treatments for cancer in 1973, which forces me to sit and slouch when I play ukulele. I'm finding that standard depth ukes are a problem, but the thinline Lanikai bocoté tenor I have is comfortable. So I decided to buy a couple more tenor cutaway thinline/travel ukes and put up my standard depth ukes for raffle to my uke group and donate the money to The Ukulele Kids Club, which we've been doing for the last 7 years in the amount of almost $8000. I'm keeping the Bocoté and Godin Multiuke and ordered a Kala Travel spruce with spalted maple (great deal for $170 shipped), and another Thinline Lanikai, flame maple (discount to $300 shipped).

View attachment 141024

Kala Travel on its way:
View attachment 141025

Lanikai Thinline on its way:
View attachment 141026

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 16 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 40)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
How do we enter the raffle? I just came back from the theukc.org but I didn't see any mention of how to enter...

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
How do we enter the raffle? I just came back from the theukc.org but I didn't see any mention of how to enter...
As I mentioned, the raffle is only for my uke group (here in Los Angeles), no shipping involved since we meet 4 times a month together.

bbkobabe

Bummer...
I come to Los Angeles regularly... can I be an honorary member and participate anyway?

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
Since we don't have honorary members, how about this; we meet twice a week on Zoom, Mondays for beginners from 3pm to 4:45p, and Thursdays for beginning intermediates from 9:30am to 11:15, Pacific time. Participate in either of those to officially become a member, contact Cali Rose via her web site, www.calirose.com. We also meet every other Sunday from 12:45p to 2:30 on the Jackson Cafe outdoor patio, so the next time you're in LA, you can participate in that too. The next ones are June 19, July 10, July 24, Aug. 7, Aug. 21.

M3Ukulele

Sorry to hear you have an issue. So glad you can still play. Good on you for what you are doing. You are a good person. We need more of that in our world. Its great that the ukulele has so many sizes and flavours. Travel ukes are very cool. Take care.

bbkobabe

Since we don't have honorary members, how about this; we meet twice a week on Zoom, Mondays for beginners from 3pm to 4:45p, and Thursdays for beginning intermediates from 9:30am to 11:15, Pacific time. Participate in either of those to officially become a member, contact Cali Rose via her web site, www.calirose.com. We also meet every other Sunday from 12:45p to 2:30 on the Jackson Cafe outdoor patio, so the next time you're in LA, you can participate in that too. The next ones are June 19, July 10, July 24, Aug. 7, Aug. 21.
That's awesome... thanks!

I'll see if I can align one of my LA trips (to see my ageing parents) with your dates at the Jackson Cafe. Fantastic!

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
That's awesome... thanks! I'll see if I can align one of my LA trips (to see my ageing parents) with your dates at the Jackson Cafe. Fantastic!
Contact Sherry who handles the set lists for Jackson Cafe to put you on her list. PM her email.