Hello Folks I am Brand New!! but 63 really!!!

UK/UKELIST

Reaction score
I have been wanting to play the Bach prelude just like John King did it.
Not a hope in the world but I can try can't I?
Looking through your forum, I came across the " DOTS" and TAB written out by a " www. chiefnoda.com"
I am so grateful to come by and be able to print out this invaluable info.
Who ever you are by name that tabbed this , Thanks a million.
I don't really like buying books with loads of tunes in them anymore.
I like to now ( Age tells) choose WHAT I want to play and stick with it until I can play it.
I am so excited and glad that I have joined this fantastic forum and the fact that it is Hawaii based...how lucky I am.
Would any of you in Hawaii fancy a holiday here in UK in November when the weather is wet, grey, gloomy and dark?
Please enter your preferences and join the massive waiting list and I will see what I can do for you.
In return of course you COULD invite me to your place?
MMhhh....no harm in trying folks.
Aloha!
Pete

Greetings Pete! You've stumbled into an ant's nest of info, opinion and encouragement. Much uke tuition is available here. Just poke around and use what you can. The only real rule is to follow the spirit of aloha.

Welcome Pete, from another new (53 year old) member.
I'm pretty sure you can find anything you need in regard to the ukulele here....some of these players are so good it's almost discouraging (but the ukulele is far too much fun to give up).
Enjoy -- and stayed tuned in the land of the Georges (Fromby and Harrison).

Greetings and welcome from a 73 year old. Got a geezer here used to listen to George Formby on the "wireless"

Looking through your forum, I came across the " DOTS" and TAB written out by a " www. chiefnoda.com"
I am so grateful to come by and be able to print out this invaluable info.
Who ever you are by name that tabbed this , Thanks a million.
Welcome, Pete!

Chief Noda is a great guy who's done some really nice transcriptions. :)

For some other free classical downloads, try Wilfried Welti's Solobuch:

http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solobuch1.pdf

Roger Ruthin's site has quite a lot of nice classical stuff, too.

http://pdfminstrel.wordpress.com/

Aloha, and welcome to the Forum! I'm sixty nine this month, and feel right at home here with lots of younger, and lots of older members to enjoy. I'm sure you will like it too!

Funny. The first thought that came to mind was "life begins at nn" . Well I've been there, life beginning at 40, life beginning at 50, life beginning at 60. You can google it for almost any age. I guess every new chapter of life brings a stack of new challenges and surprises. Taking up the Ukulele certainly does, whatever your age. A big part of it is the big community that surrounds it, and the people that embrace it and UU is definitely part of that. Gidday and welcome. Oh and happy birthday VegasGeorge.

Hi Pete

Welcome. Glad you liked my humble website. Ukulele is a great hobby. I'm 57 and really digging it!

Cheers
Chief

A big thank you to all that have replied.
I feel like I have joined one huge family and don't feel so old now!....cheers guys.
Have ordered a concert Fluke today. Really excited.
Any of you play one?

Welcome! I'd had my first uke for a while before I had the time and the urge to really get to grips with it - that was three years ago, and I still have to have a strum every day! It's still a passion. I'm 65 this week.... just a number. Take NO notice of it! The only downside is the damned insomnia! Which finds me up since 5.15 this morning, awake since 3.00..... and trying to catch up a bit on this fantastic forum!

63 eh? you are a mere boy! Loads of us are drawing our pensions , but still rocking, and performing when we get the chance. Ukuleles give us life! Enjoy it.

Hi Pete! Welcome! You're gonna love it here!

And Chief, I echo his thanks! I just downloaded some of your tabs yesterday!

Hello, Pete, and welcome to UU! I have downloaded that same arrangement of the Bach Prelude and I'm taking it super slow! It is never too late to start, never!

> I echo his thanks! I just downloaded some of your tabs yesterday!

Mahalo! Just putting a finishing touch on "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (solo, low G).

Cheers
Chief

Top Bottom