Hello from CT

fingerguy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Between being a little bored at work and coming on here frequently I figured maybe it is time for me to make an account. I am not sure if I will have much to contribute for I am not a fanatic about the ukulele as well as the other instruments I play, but I do enjoy playing.

Being a long time player of the guitar and bass, the ukulele comes natural to me. Granted I prefer arpeggios so things as simple as the island strum require more effort.

I am currently in between YouTube videos and charts. I no longer take music lessons in general and if I were I don't see me taking it for the ukulele for in comparison it is really easy instrument to play and learn.

One last thing, I have a $100 ukulele that I bought on Amazon and is doing the job. But being someone that spent almost 2k on both of my bass's (each), and owning two Taylor models (guitars), I am not one to cheap out on instruments. But I have to say I don't see me spending a lot (which that varies person to person as to what is a lot). Anyway I daily look at ukuleles and figuring I will put the cap at $350. So always open to suggestions and since I am a big guy with big hands I went with the Tenor. Haven't played the other sizes.

Where in CT are you?

Colchester here, Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

Between being a little bored at work and coming on here frequently I figured maybe it is time for me to make an account. I am not sure if I will have much to contribute for I am not a fanatic about the ukulele as well as the other instruments I play, but I do enjoy playing.

Being a long time player of the guitar and bass, the ukulele comes natural to me. Granted I prefer arpeggios so things as simple as the island strum require more effort.

I am currently in between YouTube videos and charts. I no longer take music lessons in general and if I were I don't see me taking it for the ukulele for in comparison it is really easy instrument to play and learn.

One last thing, I have a $100 ukulele that I bought on Amazon and is doing the job. But being someone that spent almost 2k on both of my bass's (each), and owning two Taylor models (guitars), I am not one to cheap out on instruments. But I have to say I don't see me spending a lot (which that varies person to person as to what is a lot). Anyway I daily look at ukuleles and figuring I will put the cap at $350. So always open to suggestions and since I am a big guy with big hands I went with the Tenor. Haven't played the other sizes.

Welcome! Bridgeport here.

As far as recommendations, I'd say start with a Kanilea or Islander (made by Kanilea).

Try one out if you can, rather than just buying it online.

I say go for those because the nut is a bit wider than most ukes, so you might be even more comfortable playing one. Of course they are great ukes, too. :)

Top Bottom