Hello from Los Angeles!

Rackmo

Reaction score
Hello,

I joined UU couple months ago but just now getting to an introduction…
I’m new to the Ukulele but played guitar for 20+ years and Lap Steel/PSG for the past few years.
I became interested in Ukulele when I saw a few covers by Al Wood as well as a finger style lesson by Marco Cirillo on Youtube.
Even though the Uke has a (somewhat) limited dynamic range compared to guitar, I really love the tonality and feel of the instrument! I ended up buying a Kanile’a Tenor which I really like (the neck profile is great!) But after playing a Tenor for a couple months, I think I will buy a Baritone and tune it to GCEA just to have a larger body and longer scale length but w/ the same tuning… So if anyone is looking to sell a Kanile’a Baritone or Kamaka HF-4 Baritone, please let me know!

A big thanks to UU for providing such an excellent resource for this wonderful instrument!

Welcome to the forum, Rackmo. I escaped from LA back in 1975. Never went back. Lived in the Eagle Rock area near Occidental College. Whereabouts are you located?

Welcome Angelian @Rackmo. My signature shows where I'm located (I love LA, and the Dodgers). I'm a member of The CC Strummers, recently we've been meeting every other Sunday (July 17 is next) on the patio of Jackson Café on Jefferson near La Cienega, if you're interested.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Welcome to UU Rackmo and a big hello from Chicago!

Hi Rackmo, glad you introduced yourself. Very cool that you played guitar so many years. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to UU, Rackmo!
I hope you'll soon find a fab baritone.

I'm in WLA. Hopefully, in-person groups will come back someday soon.

I'm in WLA. Hopefully, in-person groups will come back someday soon.
As I mentioned above, my group has been meeting at the Jackson Cafe sandwich shop on Jefferson near La Cienega every other Sunday, playing from 1 pm to 2:30, tomorrow we're on. It's open to anyone who wishes to participate. If you want to join, reply and I'll send you the song list for tomorrow, or to get on the contact list for the future.

Top Bottom