Hello from Northern California!

gokidd

Reaction score
I'm Bob and I'm a string-a-holic.
(Hello, Bob.)
Even though I've played at guitar for awhile, I find that it's easier for me to sing along when playing the ukulele. It just works. And it seems to be less intimidating when you show up at a picnic with a uke and suggest a sing-along than if you show up with the xylophone.
My lovely bride and I are now playing ukes and singing together!! Our big premiere will be our rendition of "Sweet Sue" for her mom.
(Shhh ... no big releases in the entertainment papers, please. It's supposed to be a surprise.)
We have a couple of Kala ukes -- a simple mahogany soprano and a spruce-top tenor, both now wearing Aquila strings, thanks to info gleaned by lurking about in the shadowy corners of UU.
I found UU by Googling broadly. Oh, and I got my first proper taste of uke through group lessons at a summer music camp starring the way-too-funny and talented James Hill. Ukulele, Yes!

Welcome! May you continue to broaden your ukulele skills playing with other ukers in a group and here. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the Forum!

Aloha gokidd,
Welcome to UU and the forum. Rocklin?, that's where I purchased my 31' Tioga Motorhome at the now defunct Dan Gamel's. I'm located in Salida, next to Modesto. There's a uke jam in Sacramento at L&L Hawaiian BBQ on Florin Rd. every Friday night at 6:30....I hope it's still going on.
Anyway, welcome again.................................BO...........................

Thank you, good Ukers!
Phil, I had a great uncle who worked at Cape Kennedy. I grew up in Palm Beach County.
And "808", we bought our tent camper in Fresno and brought it back here. Too funny. Thank you for info on the Hawaiian BBQ Jam. Oooo ... sounds tasty.

Top Bottom