Hello from Pittsburgh

frauen1

I'm Tom, and I've been playing the ukulele for about 3-4 years. I got hooked on vacation to Maui - I went to the Slack Key Guitar show, and a performer (Max Angel) was warming up the crowd by showing off several ukuleles and teaching a small subset of the audience how to quickly play one. I was one of the lucky few, and I was hooked. I obtained a concert ukulele, then later a tenor Gretsch ukulele, and I've been playing them since!

I also play guitar and bass, but I really put the time into the ukulele because it's just so flexible and it travels well. I love the sound, and I've made more progress on it than I have on the others (and they had a couple of decades head-start!). Just love it!

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Welcome to the UU Forum Tom! Glad to have you aboard. Congrats on discovering ukulele. It's a lot of fun.

Jim in Oregon

Hi Tom. I've been playing guitar since 1961 and ukulele since July. I'd agree that the uke just seems comfortable right away.

I'm actually in Maui right now and had a good lesson last week. Heading back to the mainland tomorrow and trying to keep the aloha spirit going. Good luck with your quest.

Jim

Ms Bean

Welcome to UU, frauen1!
Yes, ukes are great, both at home and when you're travelling. They are incredibly versatile, so you'll never run out of music to play...