Hello from San Diego

dtikim1

Hello UU members
became a member a few weeks ago but just didn't have a chance to introduce myself. Much apologies!!

I am originally from Hawaii, having relocated to San Diego about 16 years ago. I have been playing the Ukulele since the late '70s, mostly strumming and playing Hawaiian songs. I have been jamming off and on with the Hawaiian Hui here in San Diego, not a consistent member because of my travels.

I presently have 3 Kamaka's; Soprano, 6 string & 8 string...and just a few hours I am the proud owner of my dream ukulele; a Martin Tenor 12 fret which I got from today from Whendogsings. I also have a Brazilian Rosewood Tenor being made by the nice folks at Mya Moe Ukulele. It should be completed sometime in mid January 2011, can hardly wait. many thanks to Whendogsings for making my dreams come true. I have just, thanks to my son, regained interest in the art of picking and am fervently practicing. I will post or respond to posts as often as I can...Aloha to you all.

Mahalo
Dennis

H

Hippie Dribble

hi Dennis

big, warm welcomes from Australia mate

awesome collection of ukes you got there...mmm...Kamaka and Mya Moe are my two favorite makers by a fair way

have a ball on the forums brother, and lots of laughs as we all share and learn together!

see you on the trail! eugene

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Aloha Braddah Dennis,
Howzit Brah, Welcome To Da UU and Da Forums...Glad to have You hea!!! So you
Da lucky guy who bought that tenor...I neva had the funds or I would have jumped on
it too, because it looked in excellent condition....Wat High school you went to ova hea?
Gee I see you have a nice collection, I get Kamaka's and had Martins too...Wat hui
you belong to, maybe a shout out here...Have Fun and Enjoy it here and the ukulele.
Happy Strummings...MM Stan...

misterpk

Hey pops! Glad to see you're no longer just lurking! :)

Mmstan, he went to St. Louis High. :) about the hui, I know Aunty Maelani Wilcox leads it. Dad, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is http://www.huiohawaii.org/?

Last edited:

dtikim1

Haha...Aloha son & MMStan
The info provided is absolutely correct. Graduated from St. Louis in 1971 so that makes me an ol fut...haha

Yep, I am da lucky guy who got the Martin Tenor, it is being shipped out tomorrow morning from Ohio. I am very anxious to see and play that baby...its been a dream of mine for such a long time. I will be in Honolulu next Thursday till Sunday, I gotta work a meeting for the company I work for. Cannot wait to pig out on poi, lomi salmon, chicken luau, opihi and all da otha stuff that i fcannot find hea...haha :) If i get the ukulele by then maybe I'll bring it with me so that it can get a homecoming and reabsorb the mana from home. Maybe we can get together fo jam and play a little bit. thanks again for the warm aloha

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Aloha Mr.Pic and DTIKim1,
Mr. Pic, Mahalo nui for da Link...Awesome....Nice club too...neva know get paddleing around thea too!!!!!Man!! So CooL!!!

Aloha Braddah DtiKIM1,
You Lucky guy, on da Martin...I was thinkin it, but that's all I could do as funds was low....So glad it went to someone who's gonna make good use of it....Let me Know how it goes..
BTW...You not dat old...I'm about there too.... Oh Yeah, Haili closed in the Farmers Market and Opened a resturant in Kapahulu..by Kapahulu and Winam...Check um out..also
Catch of the Day On Waialae across City Mill for sum good Poki around...old Pizza hut building...I hope you have an awesome time hea, wish could I could meet you but gotta stay in
bed, suffering from a back disability...pinch nerve Brah... also I Had One 50's style one, 14 fret to the body and a thin neck...wuz awesome..soo sweet..can't beat them fo jam..
I will follow Hui O Hawaii link, I like it very much...Have a nice vacation Brah....Malama Pono and A Hui Ho..Stan....