Hello.

Sadhu

I´m not really a Sadhu, but after trying several less exotic titles with no success, I settled on what a few of my less than totally respectful friends call me. (We all have nicknames in Andalucia).
I believe I earned it by living on a mountainside and talking a lot of nonsense.
I got my first uke about five years ago, an Ohana concert. I was learning banjo at the time, and still play, but the uke has to be the friendliest thing with strings, and I soon added a Uluru tenor, as plain as the Ohana is fancy.
I escaped Yorkshire´s appalling weather in 2016 and have been settling into Spain ever since.
My third uke arrived just before we were put into lock-down due to the corona virus. It is a Gold Tone resonator concert, and I´m really enjoying it. My weekly lessons are on hold now, maybe for a few months, but I´m determined to return with much practice under my belt.
Hence my appearance here, saludos from Spain.

Last edited:

Ms Bean

Welcome to UU, Sadhu!

Don't exaggerate about Yorkshire's weather. It's truly more appalling in the Lake District or Bristol just to name a few. However, once you start comparing it with Andalucia I understand what you're trying to say:)

Sadhu

Thanks Ms Bean, and though there may be places with worse weather than Slipten Fell, I felt it was time for a little sunshine.
Or even quite a lot ...

Sadhu

Thank you Penny and Laura, and greetings from a very subdued Spain -- I shall be doing my best to add a little jollity with my gorgeous little resouke.

Sadhu

Thanks stevejfc, nice to be here, especially with all this spare time on my hands now the bars are all shut !

Nickie

Welcome Sadhu!
I say Ukein' beats drinkin' any day....and I'm Irish!

Sadhu

Thanks Nickie, I went to the doctor because my hands are always shaking.
He said ¨Do you drink much?¨
I said no, I spill most of it.

wab223

Hi Sadhu,

end of April and there is still snow in my yard, not much but some.
Living in the land of the long winter, I would relish the opportunity to sit in the wind and rain drinking pints of Black Sheep or lie on a soaking wet hill side working ferrets. :D You don't know how good you had it man! :D

But Spain is probably even better. :D

Sadhu

Eh up wab, aye it were reet draughty out on Slipten Fell. I caught pneumonia from sleeping in a field with the gate open.
The locals call the area where I live ¨Paraiso¨ or Paradise ; fortunately the usual entry requirements are waived in this case.
This is probably just as well, since a local by--law states that it is illegal to die in Lanjaron!

wab223

Slipten Fell, I don't recall ever having the pleasure.
I Skipton Fell a couple of times in my younger days though.

Sorry I had to go there. :D