Help new Koaloha pineapple Sunday has very thin crack on soundboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so wicked woman,
I have always been curious and since you own both: how does the body size of the PS compare to the Koaloha tenor?

Not to hijack the thread, but...the body of the PS is a lot smaller than the tenor. I love the design and sound of the PS, but I play the tenor a lot more, it is just more comfortable for me.

That's really keen, Tomahawk.

She might have been pushing her PS on you b/c she knows it's be patched/repaired more times than the Titanic.

Tomahawk: "Now, Sally, I feel really badly about taking your own personal uke."
Sally: "Never you mind, child. And don't for a second be looking at those new, under-warranty ukes on the wall now. Now take my PS and git along now, why don't you. Git, git!"

You might shoot KoAloha a nice email and keep it in your files, b/c their Better Than Weather Warranty goes, in general, to future owners of their gear, but it'd be nice for them to know, still, that you bought new and then got a used in return. You know, in case one of Sally's patch jobs comes...well...undone. LOL

I'm kidding, dude. Seriously, win-win-win (you, Sally, Koaloha).

P.S. Post photos of Sally's uke so that we can all gloat over it, tell you if its laser etched or what, and let you know if you got royally shang-highed or not. LOL.

Last edited:
thank you, I love my Superconcert and one day I will ask Paul for a custom tenor!
Not to hijack the thread, but...the body of the PS is a lot smaller than the tenor. I love the design and sound of the PS, but I play the tenor a lot more, it is just more comfortable for me.

Lol that's pretty funny. I never looked at it like that.but I inspected hers inside and out. No Popsicle sticks or any signs of repair.or cracks lol. It's the same etching ,same bridge .a tad bit lighter colored then my old one .not much though.the headstock is more curly and a lighter koa. Which I actually like...and to be honest. The action on this one is actually better then my other one .which was to low and buzzed in the C string when played louder. Minus the pickup I lost. I'd say it was a great trade,however unfortunate . ..I did however email.koaloha about everything including the trade. And the pickup I lost do to the flaw from the factory.gave them my name and address .asked them if they give Sally a new one.could they send me the pick up.lol so I can get my money back.or put it on another uke..I even adressed Pops.:) maybe they can do something for me,maybe not....

As far as the size difference goes .. Put a concert body next to a tenor.and imagine a double cutaway on both sides of the concert.! Although the cutaways are only half the size of a cutaway. But the sound and boom from the thing is louder and deeper than a regular concert.ala my girlfriends concert I bought her.i believe it's do to koalohas masubi sound hole.sounds great on their concert and standard size.but I don't like the tone from their tenors. . But I will post pics from my girlfriends laptop. My computer is down.and I can't upload from my iPhone to this site.. I could email pics to you if you are curious drop me ur email.

Besides I already contacted koaloha before about having any slotted headstock ukes.which they have done custom..but they told me they are currently 4yrs behind in back orders n repairs n stuff.said that should catch up sometime the end of next year!! So I sent it to them and they decided it wasn't from the pickup.it would be a loooong wait.to repair it. I figure I saved myself the cost if s&h and repair would be almost the price of the pickup. Since the pickup voids the warranty way. :)

The good News is now after trying a lot of strings on my pineapple Sunday worth CT , Aquilla, Daddario J71 ,worth BL. I can truly say the new Worth BT sounds the best for this Uke :)

pics of the old one

old 1.jpgold 1 2.jpgold1.jpgold 4.jpgold14.jpg if you zoom in the crack is between the C and E strings dead center almost.

Last edited:
Shirley, Sally. Whatever. Either way, you pilfered her Sunday. lol

(My guess, she's noodling away like Brittani Paiva on it right now, having just added a dollop of Superglue to the crack from inside the body with a Q-Tip.....lol)

Cheers, man.

Last edited:
Oh, man, I forgot about that. That's, honestly, a shame, b/c I know you paid quite a bit for that. Based on your experience, it seems like adding a non-factory pickup before any ukes warranty has expired is dicey. And, adding it at all, if it had anything to do with that micro-crack, is also risky. Your thoughts?

Well the guy guy who installed it was an actual mi-Si dealer.certified by them to install it.plus he was referred to me by the people at Island bazaar .beaides the crack was already there in the pics I took the first day I bought it.i just had to zoom in.wint do it again though.cuz the new AG kanilea I ordered comes with a pickup anyway :)

It was right on the corner next to a KO boxing or some workout place.i believe that was the one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom