Help with replacing Maccaferri Islander baritone tuners

Griole

UU VIP
UU VIP
I have an old plastic Maccaferri Islander baritone uke that has the original tuner shafts, but all of the tuner buttons are crumbling away, and one of the four has already given up the ghost completely. I'd like to replace the tuner buttons on all four shafts. Has anyone out there ever successfully performed this operation? If so, could you please let me know how you did it? Thanks!

Jerry

Ziret

I have an old plastic Maccaferri Islander baritone uke that has the original tuner shafts, but all of the tuner buttons are crumbling away, and one of the four has already given up the ghost completely. I'd like to replace the tuner buttons on all four shafts. Has anyone out there ever successfully performed this operation? If so, could you please let me know how you did it? Thanks!

Jerry
You might find some buttons that fit. Can you tell what brand the tuners are? Lots of us have a drawer with an embarrassingly large number of bits we’ve removed from or bought for various ukuleles. If you do too, go through it and try a few. If you post photos someone might be able to help.