Here is the new aquila Microguitar

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
hello guys,
here is a short presentation -with English subtitles- of the new Aquila Microguitar.
The Microguitar is not a Guitalele/Guilele, it is the first, real micronized classical guitar (thanks to the special strings just designed for it) that is tuned exaclty like a guitar (i.e., in E)

More:
https://aquilacorde.com/microguitar/
(english coming soon)

Not bad. And the price is pretty good too. Do you know when these would be available in the U.S.?
In order to keep stable this low price (it is really low) we taken the decision to avoid any kind of distributorboth in EU and in USA. With a distributor the final price will be twice. Not so good. The only possibility is to order directly in our on line store.

Last edited:
Haha, Bach Allemand on a midget guitar! I can almost feel my fingers cramping up. I think the microguitar would sound better tuned up to terz or requinto pitch.

I prefer the sound of vacuum tubes and have them in my power amps, headphone amps and even in my built-in guitar preamps. So vacuum tubes were not replaced by transistors in my house!

I like it but it's still a guitalelel :)
it does need a way to attach a strap

I love it! I wonder how the tension on these strings feel and what kind of volume it can project. Definitely on my wish list. If anyone gets one, hates it, and wants to trade for a full sizw dreadnought let me know :D

Which are the origin of the name Guitalele/guitarlele/guilele? The dimension and expecially the tuning. On a guitalele it start from A (same like the ukulele). In those time no E tuning same of guitar was available. But when the E tuning set was available it is questionable if we can call it again guitalele or small guitar. To me, when the intonation is same of guitar we have no more links with the uke except the dimension.
Same happens with the machete and the ukulele: they have two different tunings, hence two different names. At the end of the day a madeiran machete is nothing but an ukulele. However this is merely my opinion dudes.
Mimmo

Projction and volume: hard to explain in a forum. what I can tell you is that thanks to many solutions this instrument is very loud.

@mimmo Where is the pickup jack located? Could that be used as a strap attachment point?
Ciao Jim,
In the basic model there is not pickup. We install the equipment under request: the jack will be installed at the center of the plastic body: the jack can work also like strap attachment.
------
Bill 1: I spent more than 1 year to develop this set. The 1st nd 2nd employ a bioplastic whose nickname is 'Sugar. the performance of the pure Sugar strings are far superior than Fluorocarbon strings. This material is then charged with micronized iron powder in order to increase the density, that is more in the 2nd string. The 3rd string can be done like the 1st and 2nd strings adding more percentage of iron than the 2nd string but I preferred to develope a special wound string wound with a very thin steel iron. The use of steel grant long lifetime despite that the wire is very very thin and no oxidation. The balance is perfect. The 4 and 5 are wound on nylgut multifilament (we do not employ nylon multifilaments); the 6th, the most critical for the sound quality, employ a special and expensive multifilament that is employed in the aerospace industry in order to grant the best performances.
The 4,5,6 wound strings employ varnished red copper in order to avoid/limit allergy and the noise of the fingers upon the strings.
that's it.

Mimmo

Last edited:
hello guys,
here is a short presentation -with English subtitles- of the new Aquila Microguitar.
The Microguitar is not a Guitalele/Guilele, it is the first, real micronized classical guitar (thanks to the special strings just designed for it) that is tuned exaclty like a guitar (i.e., in E)

More:
(english coming soon)

gorgeous instrument! Price? How sensible would this be for an older newbie to learn?

Ciao Jim,
In the basic model there is not pickup. We install the equipment under request: the jack will be installed at the center of the plastic body: the jack can work also like strap attachment.
------
Bill 1: I spent more than 1 year to develop this set. The 1st nd 2nd employ a bioplastic whose nickname is 'Sugar. the performance of the pure Sugar strings are far superior than Fluorocarbon strings. This material is then charged with micronized iron powder in order to increase the density, that is more in the 2nd string. The 3rd string can be done like the 1st and 2nd strings adding more percentage of iron than the 2nd string but I preferred to develope a special wound string wound with a very thin steel iron. The use of steel grant long lifetime despite that the wire is very very thin and no oxidation. The balance is perfect. The 4 and 5 are wound on nylgut multifilament (we do not employ nylon multifilaments); the 6th, the most critical for the sound quality, employ a special and expensive multifilament that is employed in the aerospace industry in order to grant the best performances.
The 4,5,6 wound strings employ varnished red copper in order to avoid/limit allergy and the noise of the fingers upon the strings.
that's it.

Mimmo
My microguitar arrived last week...and it's surprisingly nice! I tweaked the strings slightly up (+20) and this little instrument sings..and I paid no duty at all on it! ( I'm in the UK ) so all good! Highly recommended...

hello guys,

More:
(english coming soon)

Is it not the second? Cordoba’s Mini MH 2 does this.

No: the Mini MH 2 has 58 cms scale; ours is of 43 cms only; i. e like a traditional Guitalele/Guilele. They are 15 cms less.
I apologize for the confusion… the first post points out this is not a guitalele, so I assumed it was not. Beautiful piece! Thanks for the correction!

I apologize for the confusion… the first post points out this is not a guitalele, so I assumed it was not. Beautiful piece! Thanks for the correction!
Do not need to apologize.. I explain in better way: it looks like a guitalele but the design of the instrument (the back ovation-like; the different soundboard thickness and bars etc etc) and especially this kind of strings make it with the same tuning and sound of a classical guitar. One can tune it like a guitalele of course but it better to have it tuned like a standard guitar.

I learned of the Aquila microguitar only now, and of course it is out of stock. At least I don't have to struggle with temptation! Mimmo, do you know when it is expected to be available for ordering again?

What is the nut width of the instrument?

Top Bottom