Heritage Ukulele by Jesse Mendes Custom Mango Tenor-- SOLD

counsel1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
90D35CDB-2317-4D1F-9862-4B162A18E15D.jpegE1A563E3-6615-4DDE-8660-A97F614D98C3.jpegB85CC78F-AA92-46AA-99F6-ECC10CA6701B.jpeg
I recently acquired (in a partial trade for my Pigeon Tree tenor) a lovely handmade mango tenor by Maui luthier Jesse Mendes, longtime Mele custom series chief luthier. Although it is a lovely, lightweight, resonant, very playable instrument, in mint condition, I have 8 other high-end tenors-- so I am offering it for sale. Here is a link to the original description with video when new earlier this year-- https://www.ukulelelab.com/product/heritage-ukuleles-custom-mango-tenor-ukulele
$XXXXshipped CUS-
howardmessinger@gmail.com
D31E5D86-BDC0-4D50-A72F-D45BC5208CBB.jpegE1A563E3-6615-4DDE-8660-A97F614D98C3.jpegB85CC78F-AA92-46AA-99F6-ECC10CA6701B.jpeg90D35CDB-2317-4D1F-9862-4B162A18E15D.jpegD457FE75-8414-4C9C-8876-49F7E1233A64.jpeg0BC7173F-5AB1-4B5C-9C3F-30A0F89B6DD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Did I mention that the rosette is Hawaiian Milo surrounded by fine black/white/black purfling lines -- or that the flamed mango headstock is adorned by a mother-of-pearl fishhook inlay which highlights the silver streaks in the mangowood, or that the finely crafted ebony bridge is really nicely designed, or that the green, gold, yellow and silver overtones in the mango, juxtaposed against the flamed background are somewhat hypnotic?
How about $950 shipped (CUS -- will contribute $50 to other destinations.)
howardmessinger@gmail.com

Last edited:
The nicest, handmade, Hawaiian, custom tenor on the market for under $1000 deserves to be brought back to the top!
Did I mention how greatly the soundport enhances the player's experience?

Very nice!

Very nice uke! Very tempting!

This is a screaming buy. I've got the "official" Mele koa version of this and would have bought this uke already if I did not already own something like it.

I have the all milo wood version of this Heritage Ukulele and I can say that Jesse builds a great ukulele and, yes, this is his early attempt at starting his own line of ukuleles. Isaac at ukulelelab.com had three of these. One all milo (mine), all mango (this one for sale), and an all koa that Isaac still has for sale. These are great and the price is worth it to pick up!

"Super Tenor: Kanile'a D Redwood/Koa
Tenor: Petros Curly Sinker Redwood/Curly Claro Walnut | Grimes Master Grade Red Koa | Cornerstone Bear Claw Spruce/Wild Mahogany | Kamaka HF-3D2i | Ko'olau CS Spruce/Koa | Kanile'a 2021 Platinum | Koaloha KTM-25 Silver | I'iwi Master Grade Koa | Collings UT2 Mahogany | Rebel "The Original Fake" | Blackbird Farallon Sunburst | Heritage all Milo | Tyde “The Learner” | Howard Moore #156 Judas Tree/Walnut | Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Nickel | Enya Nova UE
Concert: Kamaka HF-2LD2 | Koaloha Pops Pineapple Sunday | Fender Billie Eilish Signature
Soprano: Kamaka HP-1LD2 | I'iwi 1879 Torrefied Spruce/Koa | Rebel Double Creme"

WOW- what a "Resume!"
Jesse must be beaming to be amongst such company!!
Perhaps I should re-think this--
Mahalo Photohonu ---

Last edited:
Due to an abundance of tenors, and a current fascination for baritones (especially shorter scale baritones (19")) I would consider baritone trades--
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Wow! That is an incredible bargain for a terrific solid spaulted mango, luthier-built, tenor. I would jump all over it, but I recently bought a tenor and my wife would kill me.

It sounds quite nice in the video.

GLWS

I'm with Kenn - I just picked up a Rosewood/Cedar Pro Classic... no way I could get this one by my wife.

But, man oh man... I want someone to buy this probably almost as much as the seller!

Top Bottom