Hi there from Florida!

Reaction score
Hello fellow UUers! I'm new to the ukulele and am still trying to find the one that sings to my heart. Been playin' guitar, drums, piano and dinkin' around with the bodhran from time to time for years now. But my Dad owns a music store here in Florida and recently started selling several lines of ukuleles. Now I'm the "String Division Sales Manager". :p

I really want to find out what people are playing and enjoying. I plan to lurk about, as suggested in the beginners post. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

tchau tchau

Welcome, glad you joined us. There's been a number of Floridians joining lately.

Hi MSM, Please post pics of your painted ukes, maybe the 'uke talk' section. You should let folks here see what you do. Your ukes are cool, some of the members here paint ukes too.
Welcome to the community,
Don

Hey, Florida girl here! Welcome aboard.

I just checked your work and it is really nice. A real work of art that you can play!
Welcome to UU!!

Greetings from the Space Coast. Where are you? We have a Florida Room here. Have you checked out the Tampa Bay Uke Club? They are getting readyfor their fall getaway in Tarpon Springs in November. Maybe we'll see you there. Bring a Remo bodhran or two!

Last edited:
Welcome from England.

First of all, Phil, impressive list of ukes. I'm pretty sure that list would fill the walls of my studio apartment ;)

Secondly, I am in Jacksonville. I'm actually looking for a group that plays in the Northeast Florida area. I would love to take some group lessons or just jam out. I suppose I should ask around about that. :p

Love love love the cover of Creep. :eek:

You actually make that song sound happy!

Thanks Veronica. I don't know how I managed to make it sound happy but as long as you enjoyed it thats good. By the way, why not make your web address a hyperlink so that folk can just click it. You can do this by pressing the little link icon that appears in your reply message box. Thanks again. Ukey Dave :)

Hi and welcome. I still look back on my stays in Key Largo and Naples with great fondness, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for all the English "tourists" who descend on Florida with their ill-mannered brats. ;)

Carl Hiaasen for President! (Skink for VP)

Hahahaha! :D Well, at this point, the European (or just tourists in general) invasion manages to stay about an hour South of me in St. Augustine. But I don't mind the lovely accents. I'm learning a new language (Portuguese) and it's teaching me to appreciate, rather than be irritated by, cultural diversity. And in the dirty south, sometimes cultural diversity is hard to come by. Thankfully, Jacksonville is really kicking it up a notch. We have a lovely symphony, a few microbreweries and several coffee roasters now.

Wow... sorry about the "Visit Jacksonville" plug. Got a little carried away.

Anyway, Dave, I tried to fix my signature and was sorely vexed. I really thought I had more computer savvy then that. Maybe I don't have the permission to do that. I'll just post it here. Any suggestions?

Here it is, at least...

www.veronicafaymiller.com

Hi and welcome from Ocala. I just got back from a wedding in Jacksonville. The Riverfront is fun.

Hahahaha! :D Well, at this point, the European (or just tourists in general) invasion manages to stay about an hour South of me in St. Augustine. But I don't mind the lovely accents. I'm learning a new language (Portuguese) and it's teaching me to appreciate, rather than be irritated by, cultural diversity. And in the dirty south, sometimes cultural diversity is hard to come by. Thankfully, Jacksonville is really kicking it up a notch. We have a lovely symphony, a few microbreweries and several coffee roasters now.

Wow... sorry about the "Visit Jacksonville" plug. Got a little carried away.

Anyway, Dave, I tried to fix my signature and was sorely vexed. I really thought I had more computer savvy then that. Maybe I don't have the permission to do that. I'll just post it here. Any suggestions?

Here it is, at least...

www.veronicafaymiller.com

Yes you've managed it there Veronica but if you do the same thing via your settings under "edit signature" it will save it permanently. Hope that helps rather than hinders. Dave

Yes you've managed it there Veronica but if you do the same thing via your settings under "edit signature" it will save it permanently. Hope that helps rather than hinders. Dave

By golly, it worked! I think my permissions were changed... either that or I'm crazy. Probably the latter. :drool:

Hiya, Carolani! Ocala is just a hop, skip and jump from Jacksonville. If you're ever up this way again, you should pop in to our uke shop! We have lots of fun instruments to play with.

Let's see... If I was String Division Sales Manager, and Dad was paying for the ukuleles....

Top Bottom