Hi..!

Mr RAH

I'm a late starter, no musical training but always loved George Formby, I knew I could never play like him but the watched Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and realized there is a whole new world even if you only know 2 chords...Like George Hinchcliff says start out by learning 3 songs good

Ms Bean

Welcome to UU, Mr Rah!

Yes, you don't need many chords to start to play some songs. There's a lot you can learn from YouTube, and there are many teachers. Pick one you like, and build up a daily practice routine to get you started.
For beginners, and because of the daily practice commitment / challenge, I can recommend Bernadette Teaches Music. She has a 30 day challenge (for beginners), and a 30 day uke course (for those who have finished the first challenge, so seasoned beginners). Should you have a baritone uke then you can start with a (very) barebones baritone course she started.
Once you know the basics (and definitely after the two 30 day projects) I'd recommend to look around for other teachers, other genres, techniques etc.

If you have a local uke club and your local COVID situation allows, I highly recommend to find other players. You will learn from others, and later you'll help out new starters too!

actadh

Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of fun in two chord songs, but a good tip is to find song sheets for songs you know very well, even if there are multiple chords. Good luck.

Mr RAH

Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of fun in two chord songs, but a good tip is to find song sheets for songs you know very well, even if there are multiple chords. Good luck.
Thankz...some of my favs are two chord..they are just fun.

tluxtele

Welcome. It's a fun little instrument.

Speaking of simpler songs to get you going... Jake Shimabukuro has a video talking about finding songs with easy chords he could teach his son when he was young. He shows how how to play Eleanor Rigby. Then he does his thing... which is a little more complicated. Might be a fun video to check out.

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Welcome to the UU Forum Mr RAH. There are a ton of good YouTube and Vimeo videos for ukulele instruction.

Keep it fun. Lessons, practice and play.

Learning new chords, and changing chords. I often practice chord changes while watching TV. C, F, G (G7), Am is the Key of C chord progression. Literally thousands of songs are based upon those chords. I'd advise that you learn them first. And practice changing from one to another one. Mix them up. Try changing them to a 4 beat time. Down, Down, Down, Down. Then Down Up, Down Up, Down Up, Down Up.

Start out slowly and then speed up. If you can do that, you'll be well on your way.