Honey, I'm home!

JimVW

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jim from Muscatine, Iowa on the beautiful Mississippi River. If you looked at the eastern border of Iowa and imagined it as a big-nosed face in profile, Muscatine is the nostril.

My ukulele journey began back in 2017 when the director of our local library called and asked if I'd teach ukulele classes there. I immediately said yes. When I hung up, I realized:
1. I did not own a ukulele.
2. I had no idea how to play one.

"Bah," I thought. "Meaningless details!"

Despite those details, my classes went on to become the most successful program the library has ever put in place. Then COVID hit.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually a multi-instrumentalist, making a reasonable side career since I was nine playing guitar, bass, mandolin, dobro, banjo, and lap steel in addition to uke. In 2018 I was abducted into the Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

My ukuleles range from sopranissimo to baritone. Nothing boutique. My faves are my two tenors, an Eastman and a Kala flame maple.

Welcome, Jim! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here. :cool:

Welcome to UU, Jim!
I don't doubt we'll all enjoy you and your experience on the forum. You've come to the right place!

Hi Jim. Welcome to the UU Forum. I'll never be inducted into any hall of fame, Cleveland or otherwise.
But I have a lot of fun playing my uke and learning new things.

Welcome Jim, thanks for the chuckle. We have a whole thread of jokes here....enjoy.

Top Bottom