how big are your ukulele collections?

mine is right here at the moment. While i am quite happy, i currently await a banjo and zebrawood from mim :)

thefam.jpg

Uke Collection

Uke Collection 7-6-12.jpg (Sorry for the bad Quality)

My Three Ukuleles (in the order I got them):

Mahalo Blue Soprano
Ashton Union Jack Soprano
TOM Sopranino (16" Pocket Uke)

My daughter took my little red Hilo, so I'm down to two: a Mainland red cedar soprano and the garage-find baritone.

I'm slated for a Wixom in January, however, and have a wishlist that grows daily. (It includes a Black Bear macadamia concert and maybe even a tenor guitar!)

I have 6 in my possession, 3 in transit, and one waiting for it to arrive at the seller's before she ships it to me. So 10.

Currently i got 3 sopranos, one concert and two tenors.

I currently have:
4 Sopranos: Sakai Hello Kitty, Luna Tattoo Pineapple, Makala Pearl White Dolphin, Mainland Red Cedar
1 Super Soprano: Leolani Zebrawood Gloss
3 Concerts: Lanikai Spalted Mango, Hulala Ocean Dancer, Kala 'Mighty Uke' Concert
1 Firefly Banjo Uke Concert
Awaiting to get KimUke's Kanilea :eek:

At the moment:5
- mainland concert
- brandless uke i once bought and got me started : concert
- makala dolphin soprano
- eleuke concert
- and my new beater "aloha" soprano

:))

I'm new to playing the ukulele, so new I bought my first uke 2 days ago :)

It's been a pleasure looking at all the photos and reading about your uke collections. I can see this becoming an addiction!

My ukulele is a Kala KA-C.

And here it is :)

ukulele.jpg

Last edited:
Too damned big... but they're all good, gosh darn it!

BTW, I used say I didn't like sopranos....until I got my Martin soprano. Now I love 'em. Never say never.

Last edited:
I have three ukulele i have yamaha six string guitalele, a lanikai pinapple shaped soprano ukulele and a concert epiphone les paul uke. I also want to get a cordoba concert size, and a beyond soprano size

I don't know if I should tell my story again since I get so verbose so I'll keep it simple, in five months I've bought five ukes, sold the first one a couple months ago, a Mahalo UTL1 Tele style soprano. Waiting for the fifth to arrive this coming week. After buying the first, I would never have thought I would buy another, but obviously UAS got me. See my signature.

Last edited:
13 ukuleles (and many more other instruments). The number 13 is considered unlucky - so I have to buy another one to earn some luck ;)

I currently have one Hand made koa tenor,
One Concert scale Banjo - Ukulele,
One Concert scale hand made cigar box reso,
One hand made meranti soprano,
One Makala 'Dolphin' soprano,
One Mahalo 'tin top' soprano,
One Koa hand made sopranino.

If I count every ukulele in the house, six. But, here's what they are.

1. Blue Mahalo soprano bought for my then toddler son. I still play it.
2. KPK Tenor that I dearly love. Lots of bang for the amount of money I spent. Buttery smooth on the fretboard and great sound.
3. Two Lanikai concerts bought on ebay for my sons' birthdays this summer. They were blem models and came sounding very nice and I couldn't even find the marks. One needs some intonation work.
4. See above
5. Ohana concert cedar top rosewood back and sides. Love the sound, it is being adjusted to play buttery smooth and easy. Can't wait to see how it feels.
6. Got my husband a tenor Gretsch solid mahogany for his birthday. This is a great instrument and I feel it is another one with a lot of bang for the amount spent. The feel and action is incredible. I'm going to put some Worth clears on it once his strings need replacing. Very pretty sound. If they made a solid soprano, I would definitely buy one for myself and then I'd pretty much be finished shopping, as I would have one I love in each size that I play.

I started in March this year and I'm already up to seven. Can't keep up this pace much longer ... or can I?

I can proudly report that it is getting pretty close to a year since my last ukulele acquisition! Still in the eventual market for a really nice tenor but not in any rush about it.

Of course, I recently purchased a motorcycle and have been spending inordinate amounts of cache getting it set up the way I want... Oh, Lordy, please don't let me be stricken with MAS (Motorcycle Acquisition Syndrome)!

John

Top Bottom