How did you end up here?

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
A few of my ukulele questions were answered here as the result of google searches over the past 6 months. Today I wanted to join a forum, as I am a guitar player that just went ukulele crazy after buying a tenor last spring. Now I wanna try all the kinds of ukuleles! i just got a guitalele because our bluegrasss band needs more bass than I could provide with the tenor uke. And I live out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska so there’s no ukes to go play before I buy. So you came up first when I searched ukulele forums and I didn’t even look at what else came up I just joined.
Folks who discover ukulele continue for the sheer joy of it and is largely an intrinsic motivation rather than chasing external validations! Welcome

salsarev

UU VIP
UU VIP
I have been fairly active on the Acoustic Guitar Forum and really enjoy it. When I picked up the uke, I Googled "ukulele forums" and this was at the top. Like IslandSounds posted above, every uke question I googled had an answer here!

JefFrH

I am learning a new skill. Ukulele.
Why did I choose it? because it's easier than a guitar. (I'll check it)

Tim_Harris

I was searching for the restrictions on taking my Uke to New Zealand, as I have been told that all wooden products will be taken at customs, and a response from this site came up..... So I thought I may as well have a look.

#birdgarden

Hello everyone! I'm learning to play the ukulele by surfing YouTube videos and diving in at several spots along the way. I love watching Aldrine's vids and thought I might enjoy hanging out with like minded enthusiasts 🤙🏻 Attaching a pic of my latest uke project: Sunflower Burst, made from an Ohana DIY Kit. I enjoyed adding the side port. Aloha.

Attachments

• 2Sunflower Burst (complete) (1).png
    2Sunflower Burst (complete) (1).png
    341.7 KB · Views: 2

ukuleleHeidi

I googled SF bay area ukulele. Im learning, and the rest of my online lesson mates are in the UK having a big play along. And I want to do that too!