How did you end up here?

A long time member here with new account. Just checking to see if I can post. I have been frozen out by the moderator approval glitch.
Brad
Hey Brad, how's that build going (the one in your profile pic)? I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's done. That wood is so awesome.

Just reposted some pics in the thread. I will be updating the progress regularly from now on.
Brad

Legally blind

hi: I'm brand...My name is Carol..not sure where to post this...
Are there any members here that play ukulele that are Blind.
Would love to chat with them...Carol caradon@telus.net
Hi Carol. I’ve just joined UU today so forgive me if I get anything wrong with this reply. I follow Alison Trelfa Music on facebook but she is on various other platforms too. Alison sings and plays ukulele and keyboards and leads choirs and more. She occasionally explains a little music theory too. And I believe she is blind and uses a number of clever technologies. Alison (like me) is based in England. i hope you’ve also found some talented ukulele players who are blind.

Hello. I'm what you might call a "lurker". I've been dropping in on UU for at least a decade, listening to advice and scooping up the occasional tabs. But now I want to be legit and maybe even join in on the conversations. I play other stringed instruments and drums but ukulele helps me keep it real. Simple, sweet, direct. When noise gets me all bound up and neurotic, sitting with my uke grounds me and reminds me what it is to love life and the people in it. This UU place rocks! But you already know that.

Last edited:
I was googling sopranissimo ukes after someone mentioned such a thing existed, and went down a rabbit hole.

Hi Carol. I’ve just joined UU today so forgive me if I get anything wrong with this reply. I follow Alison Trelfa Music on facebook but she is on various other platforms too. Alison sings and plays ukulele and keyboards and leads choirs and more. She occasionally explains a little music theory too. And I believe she is blind and uses a number of clever technologies. Alison (like me) is based in England. i hope you’ve also found some talented ukulele players who are blind.
Thank you for your help...just recently became blind...every little bit helps.

Hafa Adai! I watched a video of Danyo Cummnigs and Aldrine Guerrero covering a Gyptian song way back in 2006, been a member ever since. I even attended the First UU San Diego bbq and kick back held by Arvin Reyes and a lot of other people. Fast forward to 2021 and my 6 year old daughter is infatuated with Ukes that I own that are collecting dust in our bedroom closet. She has sparked me to finally learn right next to her. I am just happy that this forum is still around for a dad that has a daughter that is so eager to play the Uke. Thanks for reading and I hope you all have solid day.

I was taking a trip out to L.A., moving along in my chevrolet and ended up here. Actually googling hi end ukuleles led me here and I wasn't here long before I realized how little I know on the subject.

What lead you to the Ukulele Underground? Youtube? Myspace? Friend? Share!
A few of my ukulele questions were answered here as the result of google searches over the past 6 months. Today I wanted to join a forum, as I am a guitar player that just went ukulele crazy after buying a tenor last spring. Now I wanna try all the kinds of ukuleles! i just got a guitalele because our bluegrasss band needs more bass than I could provide with the tenor uke. And I live out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska so there’s no ukes to go play before I buy. So you came up first when I searched ukulele forums and I didn’t even look at what else came up I just joined.

A few of my ukulele questions were answered here as the result of google searches over the past 6 months. Today I wanted to join a forum, as I am a guitar player that just went ukulele crazy after buying a tenor last spring. Now I wanna try all the kinds of ukuleles! i just got a guitalele because our bluegrasss band needs more bass than I could provide with the tenor uke. And I live out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska so there’s no ukes to go play before I buy. So you came up first when I searched ukulele forums and I didn’t even look at what else came up I just joined.
Folks who discover ukulele continue for the sheer joy of it and is largely an intrinsic motivation rather than chasing external validations! Welcome

Top Bottom